Minho ~ The Dare (part one)

As soon as Teresa flounced in, I knew I was in trouble.

"I've just had the best idea!" She exclaimed. "We should play truth or dare."

She gave me a big, innocent smile and I groaned. She knows I hate truth or dare. "Teresa," I said frustrated, "I don't want to play truth or dare."

"Please?" She begged. "There's no one else to hang out with and I'm so bored," she whined.

"No. I'm sorry Teresa, but I'm busy right now."

She pouted but then perked up. Oh shoot I thought. She gave me an evil smile and then launched herself onto my bed. I tried to scramble away but she tackled me and sat on my stomach.

"Now Y/n," she began, "you can either play with me now and we won't have any problems, or," she narrowed her eyes, "you can refuse again and I'll resort to tickling you."

I paled. She knew I was ticklish and she wasn't going to give me any mercy. But I wasn't going to back down at a small threat. "N-no," I stuttered. Curse stuttering!

"Fine," she declared. As soon as she finished speaking she grabbed my hands with surprising force, pinned them above my head,
and tickled me under my neck. I squealed and began to thrash around.

After a few minutes of trying to fight her off, I cried, "Uncle! I give, I give!"

"Ha!" She hooted in victory. Once we had settled on my bed, she began this awful game.

"Truth or dare?"

Well, I thought. If we're playing, I might as well go big.

"Dare," I said a little nervously.

She grinned evilly. "I dare you to pretend to be hurt in the maze and have Minho save you," she said triumphantly.

I was speechless for a few minutes. "Do you not understand how dangerous the maze is?" I questioned her. "Do you think that it's ok to pretend to be hurt out there?! My gosh Teresa, I didn't think you were an idiot!"

She glared at me and then left the room without saying a word. I sighed tiredly and rubbed my face. Didn't she understand? The maze was no joking matter, especially with the recent griever sightings.

The day passed pretty quickly after that. I finished the project in my room and went to bed after talking with Minho about the run tomorrow. The conversation drifted back to me as I was readying myself for bed.

"You're going to run section 4 tomorrow. I know that's where the most griever sightings have been, but you're one of my best runners and I know you can handle it," he said with a hint of pride in his voice. "And besides, we can't let a section go unchecked for even a day, or..."

"I know, something could change and we'd miss it," you quietly finish.

He nods and smiles. "Yep. Now," he said turning serous, "if you do see a griever, I want you to turn around and run as fast as you can either towards the glade entrance or towards my section: 5. I want you to continually shout my name so I can come help you, alright? I don't know what would happen if I lost one of my key runners," he said with a smile but I could see in his eyes that he was really worried.

"Don't worry Minho," I said reaching to give him a hug. "I'll be just fine."

I fell asleep with the memory fresh in my mind.

•••••••••••

The following day, I woke up to Minho's face inches from mine.