0.2

When I arrived in Visual Arts I noticed the girl from lunch sitting up at the back should I sit next to her? I'm not sure if I should or not but then all the seats were taken so now I have no choice I just sat next to her. The teacher walked in with a hand full of papers putting them down on the desk looking up at the class.

"Hello class, so we've got a new student joining us his name is Ashton say hello Ashton" he said pointing at me, I smiled and waved at everyone I noticed one girl winking at me.

"Alright now let's get back to work on our assessment alright Ashton I'll come speak to you in five minutes, just give me a sec" I nodded at him and I looked at the girl who was doing her work, maybe I should try and talk to her

"Hi" I said, she didn't look at me all she did was open a word document on her laptop and wrote Hello, she doesn't really talk much does she? I was about to say something else until the teacher walked over.

"How you going champ" He asked

"Pretty good sir" I said smiling at him.

"That's great" The teacher explained the assessment to me but I guess I was distracted by the girl beside me I couldn't take my eyes off her.

At the end of the day I ditched the bus and walked home with Michael since he was going to tell me about this girl that I keep seeing around school.

"Alright man tell me about this girl" I said 

"Alright you know Luke the blonde one who was sitting with us" Michael said starting to walk backwards while we were walking home.

"Yeah" I said. 

"Well that's his sister Anna Hemmings she is a beautiful girl, before the summer she was this happy cheerful girl, always had a smile on her face, she was just in love with the world and always making friends everyday" Michael said. 

"What happened in the summer"? I asked wondering how a simple summer could somehow change her forever.

"I'm getting to that hang on" He said.

"Alright sorry" I said laughing.

"So she's been dating this guy for three years his name was Peter he was a lovely guy they were basically known as the couple that will end up getting married apparently the night of their 3 year anniversary he proposed but that's just a rumor, but on their way back to Anna's house a drunk driver hit them on Peter's side, Anna suffered some injuries. I've never seen Luke that worried in my life we were both by his side until she woke up but Luke just didn't want to tell her the bed news and that was the fact that Peter past away, after that she spent every day in the summer locked away in her room her parents and Luke worried about her, once school started she started shutting people out she didn't want to speak to anyone, now I guess she's broken" Michael said.

"Wow, she's been through a lot" I said thinking that someone at the age of eighteen could go through all of that.

"Yeah she has and Luke's trying everything to get her to smile again normally she has a full on conversation with him but now his just lucky enough to get a word out of her, her smile was beautiful now it's just gone" Michael said. I could tell that Michael and Anna were close friends and that he misses the old Anna heaps.

"Does she have any flash backs at all that make her start crying?" I asked 

"She owns a car but she catches a bus, she just can't drive a car anymore or listen to this song Luke was telling me about I can't remember what's it's called"

"What if I started talking to her"?

"Good luck with that she might shut you out"

"I talked to her today I just said hi and she wrote on the computer 'Hello' is that a start"

"Yeah that's a start" We stopped outside my house and Michael said

"Well thanks for the story I'll see you at school tomorrow" I said. 

"Yep  I'll see you at school tomorrow bye Ashton" Michael said waving and walking down the street, I went to go check the mail. I walked over to the mail box opening it up and grabbed the mail out of it when I looked up, I noticed Anna looking over at me I just smiled and waved but all she did was give me a little smile not showing her teeth just a small weak smile and she shoved her hands in her pockets moving on with her life. I really want to go up to her and give her a hug but she hardly knows me maybe I should start talking to her and get to know her better hopefully she starts talking to me.