/2/

《♧Tord's P.O.V♧》

The rest of the day had gone slow, and I had stayed up almost all night. The moon was eventually going down itself when I fell asleep on the windowsill, one of my legs dangling off the edge.

I soon was being shook gently awake, and I let my eyes flutter open to see two void-like eyes. However when I quickly opened my eyes completely, I was alone again.

How strange...

I shook off the thought and carefully hopped down onto the wood floor. Without  warning, the door creaked open. The kind therapist I had met earlier poked his head into the room, a surprised look on his face when he saw me awake.

"Why have you presented yourself to us this early? Tom, I believe our grouping is later this afternoon?" I asked, resting my hand on my left cheek. Tom chuckled, stepping further into the room.

"Yes, but I felt like I needed to see you sooner. I'm going to hold our meetings in here, okay?" He informed, stepping closer to me.

I nodded slowly, but then tilted my head. "Tom, explain to us the reason you trust us without our restraints?" I queried, wondering this for a while now.

Tom smiled down at me, and patted my head gently. "Because I see faith in you. I don't want to see you caged up like an animal." He told me softly, beginning to pet my hair. My cracked lips pulled into a soft smile as I looked up at him.

"You seem to be much more peculiar compared to the many other doctors which have attempted to confine us, Thomas." I declared, my smile weakening. Tom's expression faltered, and he looked down at me.

"Because I care, Tord. These doctors here don't seem to care about anything but their blasted pay checks. I understand that you've seen so much hate these past years, and I'm here to fix that for you." Tom whispered, stepping back a little from me. I gazed up at him curiously, not understanding.

No one had ever shown care to me for... as long as I could remember. And being here only made it worse.

They drugged me here to 'help' me keep my sanity. Today I hadn't taken my pills yet. I suppose I should probably do that.

I stepped away from Tom myself, going over to the bed that I never layed in and pulled open the cupboard in the wall that contained the pills. I could feel Tom's saddening gaze looking to me as I swallowed two of the small pills, the feeling hurting my throat. However I soon got over it.

"Please don't take those, Tord. They're only making it worse..." Tom pleaded quietly, walking over to me.

I set the container down and turned to look at him innocently. "But you do not understand, Tom. We are required to take these pills." I explained. Tom sighed.

"Just, don't do it anymore, alright? They might kill you."

"But that would help us, Tom."

Tom's eyes widened and he looked straight into mine. "You want to die...?" He questioned worriedly.

"But of course, Tom. Thus is the only significant way for us to be free."

Tom was quite for a moment, then he abruptly ran up to me and hugged me tightly. I tilted my head with confusion, that was until I froze. I had never felt this feeling in so, so long. The sensation that felt like millions of butterflies were fluttering close to my soul, lighting up my every thought. It felt so foreign, yet so familiar.

Tom pulled away, smiling nervously at me. "Please, don't accept death. I need you to promise me you won't try to kill yourself. Please." Tom rasped, it sounded like he was forcing back tears. This troubled me.

"We promise, Tom." I responded, sitting down on the bed.

"I'm going to get you out Tord. You're going to have a normal life. I'm going to help you. Trust me." The therapist whispered, pulling himself to an upright position. I nodded to show I believed him.

Tom's smile was so bright, it made me smile in return. "Alright, Tom. We will put our trust in you." I accepted.

"Now it's my turn to thank you."

"It is greatly our pleasure, Tom."

"Why do you keep saying my name?"

"It is a habit, Thomas. We have bound to say it every sentence."

Tom rested his hand over his face and sighed. "Soon, you won't," he mumbled.

I smiled in response, not knowing how to really respond.

"Doctor Ridgeback?" A voice sounded from behind Tom.

Tom tensed, looking to the source. I did the same.

A doctor stood in the doorway with quite a judgemental expression on their face. "You're not supposed to see this patient this early." The newcomer scoffed. Tom rubbed the back of his neck, facing the doctor.

"Yes, I am aware. I just felt I needed to get a better sense into him. From this perspective rather than my office." Tom truthfully explained. The doctor nodded, beckoning Tom over.

"He's seen enough, thank you. We don't want to expose him to too much."

With that, I could tell Tom was regretful when he left the room with the doctor, mouthing, 'I'll be back'. I nodded in understanding and the room went silent again.

Left to myself, once again.

--------------------------

Eep.. sorry it was short. :< that's all. Bye bye.