/5/

《☆Tord's P.O.V☆》

I awoke to the obnoxious and infamous sound of scraping on metal walls. Although I did not open my eyes, I knew something was up.

Literally.

"Tord... get up," a soft, comforting voice rang in my ear, causing me to flinch and roll over. I realized I was actually laying in the bed in my ward. Surprising, this bed was usually untouched.

I mumbled a harsh response, ignoring the gentle poking of a finger on my cheek.

"Tom. Stop." I grunted, moving my arm over my head in an effort to cease the pestering Tom was causing.

Tom sighed, moving from his leaning position on the creaky bed, which unsurprisingly made a wretched noise as the aged wood rubbed together.

"Tord, can you read?"

"Of course we can read, it is not like our IQ completely demolished itself when we came here."

"Alright,"

I heard the shuffle of papers, and I reluctantly sat up, my eyelids drowsily becoming half-lidded. Tom held a file folder tightly in his hands, clutching it close to his chest.

I curled my lip into a questioning frown as I looked over at the seemingly nervous therapist.

"Why ask if we can read if you are not going to make us read anything?"

Silence.

Tom's anxious lips began to pull into a small smile as he looked at me.

"Tord."

"Tom."

"Describe your feelings right now."

"Tom this isn't what therapists do."

Tom gave me a sarcastic look, but I could tell he was serious. With a small 'Oh', I cleared my throat.

"We are confused, desperate, and... fearful. Why?" I hesitantly muttered, flicking my saddened gaze to the dark wood floor.

"Just asking."

Tom got up off of the bed, his own expression unreadable to me. I could see he was hurt somehow, but I still didn't understand it.

He looked at me once before turning away.

I saw something.

Was that...

L-

"I have to head back to my work..." Tom crushed my thoughts, his grey-brown bangs clinging to his forehead with nervous sweat.

"Sure. When will you be back?"

Tom grasped a hand on his own shoulder, seeming to hug himself. He shook his head, walking out the doorway.

"I'm not sure," he mumbled as soon as he left.

This left me in question.

What made my companion so distraught?

《☆Tom's P.O.V☆》

I backed up against the stone wall next to the door to Tord's ward, opening the file folder that was already damp from my tears.