Death Of A Friend

I lay in my side of the bed while Nova decided to sleep with Maurice since she felt safer with him.

Since sleep wasn't getting to me I decided to watch the snowflakes fall and remember my family I have no idea where they are.

"Who...is..child?" I heard Bad Ape ask Caesar who was still awake

"I don't know..." Caesar trailed off and I wondered what he was thinking right now.

With that thought, I fell asleep.

Caesar's POV

I stared at the child who was cuddled up on Maurice. Rocket and Luca slept side by side with Kira and my gaze went to her.

"But she's...with you" I heard Bad Ape mumble out as he was staring at Nova.

"She has no one" I simply stated. Bad Ape turned to me "the woman...close friends?" I blinked back in shock and my gaze went to Kira.

"No..." I answered hesitantly. Why did I answer like that?!

"But you care...so does she..." Bad Ape said and my gaze snapped to him. He shifted in a comfortable position.

"Bad humans, I'll take you to their base" that was all he said before he was out like a light.

I stayed up to contemplate what Bad Ape said. He was right, I do care for her like I did with Cornelia but to a higher extent. Why am I comparing her to Cornelia?

I fell asleep with thoughts that really confused me especially if it was mostly on a certain raven haired human with jade eyes.

***

Kira's POV

I woke up to see Nova getting up and heading outside "you going off alone?" She was confused at first but when I pointed to the door that led outside, she nodded.

I went to stand up and together, we walked out into the freshly covered snow.

Beautiful...

The morning breeze brought a sense of calmness in me and I wandered outside the gate and sat down against a cherry blossomed tree.

Nova started to play around the tree while I just let the calming breeze slowly lull me for a nap.

I opened my eyes to see Caesar and Luca loading up the horses while Nova was still playing under the tree.

To my sudden surprise, I saw Luca walk up to Nova and carefully plucked a single, pink flower and tucked it on her ear.

Nova looked at him in wonder and a rosy pink blush coated her face.

Only now did I realize this is also a perfect setting to fall in love.

I mentally slapped myself. What kind of powerful force made think that?! I am not going to start acting like a hopelessly in love school girl!

My gaze snapped to Caesar and he was looking at the two with a look of longing.

He's probably thinking about his sweet Cornelia.

I felt like I just got punched in the gut most especially the organ that makes me alive.

Maurice emerged and I saw Bad Ape walking beside him wearing a ridiculous clothing made for humans out in the cold he even got himself a cap!

The apes stared at him before they shrugged it off and began to mount on their horses. I mounted of to mine and Bad Ape sat behind Luca.