Journey to Peace

I lay down on my newly made moss bed back at the Tribe and I tried to recall the events that happened merely two days ago.

One, the apes are getting ready to leave to the place Blue Eyes and Rocket found and it was a very long journey.

Two, I am healing and the wounds of the battle were already fading.

Three, Caesar has been... Overbearing.

Now the third thought was getting me freaked out. Now don't get me wrong I really liked Caesar more than a friend but this guy has been looking out for me like a hawk Cornelius too!

Both of them always accompany me even the smallest of things like...me going off to urinate and them following me!

It was both embarrassing and annoying.

What can you say...like father like son.

I sighed and looked up. Cornelius poked his head and walked up to me "you need anything?" I smiled and shook my head before my brows furrowed.

"Little one, why are you and your father acting like this?"

Cornelius shifted his weight and gave me a nervous look "what do you mean?" I gave him a parental glare (I really should thank my parents and Maurice for this)

"You know why Cornelius" Cornelius whimpered.

"I don't want to lose you again Kira...I want a mommy like you"

How can someone so small be so...

I grabbed Cornelius and tucked him under my chin, a small smile gracing on my face.

"Oh Cornelius, I won't leave you and your father ever. I made a promise I intend to keep little one"

He gave a huge grin and hugged me that I gave a grunt when he placed a little amount of pressure on my wounds.

Cornelius gasped and moved away but I tightened my hold on him "you seriously act like your father" he gave a laugh "I AM his son after all. So Kira, can I call you mom?"

I smiled and kissed his little nose "I wouldn't want it any other way"

Cornelius gave a small noise of excitement and made a mad dash out of my alcove.

I think he's going to tell Caesar on what I said.

I groaned and lay back down. Maurice entered and I smiled "apart from both father and son's antics, your the only one who isn't playing bodyguard to both me and Nova"