The shocking news

•Piper's POV•

It was the beginning of the school year, I had just left Camp Half Blood yesterday afternoon, but what I came home to was not as welcoming as I'd hoped.

When I came in the house, my dad was in the living room watching the news. When he saw me, he paused the tv and came to greet me.
"Welcome back! How are you doing, Pipes?" He said.
"I'm good!" I told him, happy to be home. I looked over at what the tv was showing.

That's where things got bad.

"Lance McLain, Pidge Gunderson, and Hunk Garret, missing after attack on a lab near the Garrison Pilot School" was what the subtitles said.

I gasped. Lance McLain is my cousin, I hadn't seen him since a month before he left for the Garrison.
"I'm sorry Pipes," Dad said when he saw what I was looking at,"I'm sure he'll turn up eventually"

But I didn't know what to think.

•Lance's POV•

Another successful mission with Team Voltron! We had just finished defeating another one of Zarkon's Robeasts. And we were ready to take a break from all the fighting. It had been a really busy few days. After everything was done I wandered around the castle, and found myself in an empty room. I put my hands in my jacket pockets, when I felt something inside my left one. I took it out, and saw that it was an old photo of me with my cousin, Piper McLean. It's been a while since I had seen her, she came to visit before I left for the Garrison, that was it. I wondered to myself what she was up to right now.

Soon Keith came in the room.
"Lance! Come out here! You gotta see this!"