The trap

I decided to make it easier on myself with the pictures, what do you guys think?

Hazel's POV

We had finally gotten to the hand. And I mean it when I say that it is an actual hand in space. Imagine putting your hand through a slab of that goo that I've heard people like making themselves. Instead of it being clear because the layer is so thin, imagine it being the color of the night sky. That's what we were dealing with, except it was the height of Voltron, and was so long that as we got closer, I couldn't see the end, but I did see earlier that it was below the elbow.
"Whoa" I said, and everyone else was as stunned as I was. Keith stood towards the window.
"It used to be up to the wrist, how did it grow like that in just a few hours?"
"I think you might have been right about the pin thing, Keith" Shiro said.
"Hey! I started that idea!" Lance said.
"So what do we do now?" I asked.
"Can I help?" Said a voice behind me.

I turned to see a teenage boy who looked a lot like he could be Pidge's brother.
"Matt!" Pidge exclaimed.

Matt's POV

Pidge had called me before they left the camp, so I met them there to give them a hand (no pun intended).
"Hey Matt!" Shiro said when he saw me. I counted about eight people that I hadn't met before.
"These are the guys the are helping us with the mission!" Pidge explained.
"Hey everyone! The name's Matt! I'm Pidge's brother!" I told them.
"Hi!" Said a dark-skinned girl with curly hair.
Pidge introduced me to everyone, including the curly-haired girl, who's name was apparently Hazel.
"It's nice to meet everyone! So what do you say we go collect a star? We can take the shuttle that I piloted over here" I said.
"Actually, Matt, we might need the lions" Pidge said.
"Oh your right, I forgot that your ships are more advanced" I said.
"Great! Now how do we collect the star? Aren't those things as big as a planet?" Frank asked.
"Those stars pinning him down must have been minimized" Annabeth guessed, "because from here they look a lot smaller"
"I have a small containment chamber somewhere around here, let me find it and you can use that" Coran said.

Pidge, Hazel, Jason and I were in the Green Lion with the chamber in its mouth. While Keith and Percy (apparently because he won a bet) flew in the Red Lion with its mouth dagger. Just like baseball, Keith loosened one of the stars, and swung it into the container.
"Ok, let's go" Pidge said.

As we left, we noticed a weird opening where the star was, it was similar to the rift between realities that Pidge described to me when she told me about their journey through the alternate reality. Pidge jolted when she saw the rift, which made her accidentally open the hangar of the Lion. Hazel, Jason and I all fell out and were sucked into the rift.

Hi guys!!! I really hope that you all enjoyed this chapter! I have a new challenge! I don't do these often, because I never get to either finish them, or it doesn't work out as planned. BUT this time, I promise it will be different! Here's how it's going to work, in the previous chapter that I published, there are three references to different things.  Your challenge is to find each of these references, and list where they came from. An example answer would be:
1. (Reference sum-up) from Star Wars The Force Awakens
[there are no Star Wars references]
Or you can write it however you'd like. You can send me your response either through commenting on this chapter, or leaving a message on my profile, or by just Private Messaging me! You have to have all three references listed in your response or it won't count. The winner of this challenge will get to have a character that THEY created in my new book!
Have fun!