six

>>>>

>>>>

Taehyung and Graycen were both too entirely busy to even go to counseling. Taehyung was allowing the failed paramedian forehead flaps to get to the heart. Usually, when he had a difficult case he'd find comfort with Graycen but we all know that won't work out anymore.

He walked into work, emotionless, he had to tell Jade the truth today. He had to tell her that he had no resolution and that her face was pretty much going to stay damaged. Cold energy came off of him, literally, nobody talked to him because he was the chief and they knew how intimidating he was.

Taehyung sat in his office, eating an oatmeal bar that he had collected from the hospital's cafeteria and continued to look over the diagnosis.

"I still quite don't understand what I did wrong." He slouched over his desk and continued to scan the info on his laptop until his office door swung open quickly, causing him to startle. "You know when you first come into someone's office, you knock. It's just the polite thing to do."

Not giving a care about what he said she just shrugged and stood by the door, "Patient Jade Nelson won't cooperate until you're in the room also you need to do something about the parame-"

"- Who are you?" He looked her up and down with his eyes. "I know that I need to do something about the necrosis."

"So you mean to tell me that I've been on this case for three days and you have yet to learn my name?" He took a minute to try to remember her but he didn't. She must've been an intern.

"Intern, right?" He tried to search her face for answers but he got nothing. "Listen, I'm Dr. Taehyung Kim and you must've heard of me but it's not my job to keep up with interns."

She blew a raspberry, feeling offended. "I'm a resident who came all the way from the Greater New York Hospital Association, which was called the best hospital in New York. Your disrespect isn't needed here."

"You must not know how I am," Shaking his head from his chair, "I can get you fired in a jiffy." Right, when he was about to walk out the door she used her hand to hold his arm.

His eyes went back and forth from her hand on his arm to her face, "I'm not scared of you either, by the way, my name is Dr. Edwards, don't call me an intern again." Releasing his arm, she brushed past him and went straight to the elevator.

He spent another two hours trying to figure out what went wrong and what he can do in the break room but still nothing. Finally, he just went to Jade's room, where he saw Dr. Edwards, through the glass from the door. When he entered the room, Jade was smiling weakly and that's when he already knew she was in pain.

"Dr. Kim, her pain is getting worse and the necrosis is going to spread further so we need to book an O.R." Dr. Edwards told him, looking up from the hospital's tablet. "Do you have any plans for this?"