nineteen

NO POINT OF VIEW4:45 A

NO POINT OF VIEW
4:45 A.M.
GRAYCEN'S HAIR SHOP

Graycen stared at the shards of glass that laid outside of her shop and watched as police arrested her coworkers: Ruth, Tonya, and Aaliyah. Graycen had gotten a call from her security system about some vandalism on her property. Luckily, Taylor was already up and reorganizing her files. Once Graycen told Taylor, Taylor had taken her to the salon and stuck by her side.

"Graycen, you gotta calm down, okay?" Taylor whispered in her ear as she started to just stare blankly. "Don't forget you're pregnant, you cannot afford to stress yourself out."

Graycen sniffled at that and looked at her sister, "This is not fair, Taylor. I worked so hard, oh my-" Graycen wiped at her eyes. "All my time, money, and work is gone. What did I do to deserve this? This is my fault, I should've been working more and-"

Taylor wrapped her arm around Graycen's shoulder and allowed Graycen to cry on her shoulder, "It's not your fault, Graycen. I can always help you get a new one."

"I don't want a new one!" Graycen cried even harder. "I'm so scared now, what if they were to attack me? If you steal, you kill." Graycen knew she was being a hit extra, but she had every right to be. Her body was shaking almost uncontrollably and Taylor had to walk her over to her car.

"I don't think you can handle looking at your shop. We can always get some fixes done and alter it. Just not right now." Taylor said as she used her hands to pick her face up. "Look at me, Graycen." Graycen wrinkled her nose before she slowly looked at her sister. "You're a fighter and you'll come back from this. I'll give you all the help you need. Trust me, I got you."

Graycen nodded slowly, "I don't want to tell Taehyung. I know how he is, he's going to try to help me. I don't want his help or pity, it's not his business." Graycen didn't need Taehyung to worry or try to help to replace anything.

"You have to Graycen." Taylor took a deep breath. "Just tell him, okay? Taehyung is your baby's father and your friend." Taylor moved her hands.

Graycen laughed bitterly at that, "Taehyung and I? We're not even friends, we can't even talk to each other. Which I guess makes sense, we're exes."

Taylor tried to lighten up the mood, "Not all exes have tense relationships."

Graycen instead just blinked, "Well, this is different. Let me go talk to the police to take care of things I guess." Taylor kissed her sister's cheek before she was to walk away. "I'll be waiting for you, sister!"

>>>

7:15 A.M.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was sitting in his office with Katie. Katie was an obstetrician at the hospital and had been cool with Taehyung for years. He called her into his office the day before so he could request something.