Stay »» 1

The café was full. All seats taken by couples, families and group of friends.

I sat on the only vaccant seat: the sofa next to a window. I was alone, thinking about work.

The bell in the café rang…

… this brought old memories back…

[‡‡]

The café was filled with people, noises was heared in each corner of the store. There was only one available seat that was placed right next the window. I sat alone. It was my break time and I decided to drink some coffee and take ideas.

The bell in the café rang and another person entered the room. I glanced at the door. There she was… her long, wavy, black hair, tall and confident figure. Her eyes averted to me and smiled. I gave her a small grin and went back to sipping my coffee.

"Can I sit here?" A voice appeared beside me. I look up to see the girl that just entered the café. I hesitate.

"I-it's okay. I-I'll find another se—"

"No. It's fine. Please, take a seat." I said.

[‡‡]

Soon, people started to leave; an empty seat behind me.

[‡‡]

I decided to speak to her and ease her tention. "Don't feel tense." I spoke, startling her. "Oh... Heh. Okay, sorry." She replied cutely. "Its alright. What brings you here?" I asked. "Oh… uh. It's my break time at work." She avoided my eyes and ate her bagel.

I sighed, "What's your name?" I asked. She looks at me weirdly. "Come on! Everyonr has a name!" I said cheerfully. "My name is Kim Ji Min." She replied. "Ahh, it's just like my friends name!" I chuckled. "Hahaha! What a coincidence." She chuckled.

A group of people started to leave. Ji Min stands up and took her tray. "Where are you going?" I asked her. "I'm going to that seat over there." She pointed at the vaccant seat. "I feel like I'm being bothersome to you."

"Oh no. Please… I like your company." I smiled widely and let her sit back down.

[‡‡]

And I told her to stay.