Chapter 1 ♥

Alana

Today was Friday, the end of the school day and I was ready to go. I stood in front of my locker, getting out the things I needed for homework over the break. I was reaching for my History notebook until I felt a pair of hands over my eyes.

"Guess who?" he asked. I could sense that he was smirking. I instantly knew who it was but I thought I should play along.

"Um, I don't know. One of my hoes?" I said smiling widely.

He uncovered my eyes with his hands and dropped them to my waist, turning me around to face him. Once I saw the serious expression on his face I bursted out laughing.

"Bruh, you play to much." He stated looking down at me.

He tried to keep a straight face but ended up smiling. Ugh, his smile was gorgeous. I mean so gorgeous, I was becoming weak in the knees but I quickly pulled it together. I giggled and smiled back at him. He pulled my body closer to his while still gripping my hips.

"I'm just playing babe. Gimme a kiss." I said standing on my tippy toes, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He tilted his head down and our lips met. I meant for the kiss to only be a little peck but his lips were my heaven. Once our lips touched, it felt as if nothing else mattered and we were the only ones here at the moment. It turned into a little makeout session and neither one of us was backing down.

"Again guys? Its Friday, school is over. I'm pretty sure you two can finish this else where. We need to get students out of the building." Mr. Ducey said in a hurried tone continuing to walk down the hall.

We both pulled away from the kiss, looking in his direction.

"Sorry Mr. D" we both shouted after him giving an apologetic look.

I turned to look at Lucas but found him already staring at me. We bursted out laughing. That was about the third time Mr. D caught us kissing today, whether it was a simple peck or one of our sessions.

"Come on Ali" Lucas said leaning on the locker next to mines.

I grabbed the rest of my things, closed my locker, and placed the lock back on it. Lucas grabbed my hand and led me out of the building.

Lucas and I have been going out for about 9 months now. We hit a year on March 12th, which so happens to be my birthday. I would never forget the day he asked me out.

~Flashback~
I was about to head out the building but Lucas stopped me.

"Hey Alana... Happy Birthday again. Let me walk you home?" I didn't know whether it was a question or demand, but either way I was going to accept.

I hated walking home alone, especially in the streets of Detroit. My house was close to the school but without anyone with me it felt like I was walking to Africa.

"Thank you Luc and sure" I responded.

Lucas and I had known each other for a couple of months and during these months we became close. He had an amazing personality and we could talk about anything and everything. His looks were a bonus. I had developed a crush on him but I definitely wasn't going to tell him about it - well at least not now.

We began walking down the street and I was having trouble with holding everything I was given today. I received flowers, balloons, and brownies from my girls along with others.

"You struggling Ali?" Lucas asked jokingly as he grabbed the container of brownies and my gift bags.

"Shut up!" I giggled and nudged him with my elbow.