"I Love You"

A/N I. Am. So. SO. SOOOOO SORRY for not giving ilovepercy2 another chapter to post. I've been insanely busy... Though, I shall not put that out as an excuse.
I'm just really bad at posting on a schedule and often.
Sorry.
But enjoy this NEW Sophitz moment I have made up!
(Once again thank you @ilovepercy2!)

(Fitz's P.O.V)

Have you ever had the thought that you just knew you loved someone?

Or the feeling of courage when you planned to tell the special someone that you loved them, but you chicken out?

Or even the moment when you realize: why would that girl ever want me?

Plain ol' me. The guy with anger problems.

Or the very fact that everyone thinks of me as perfect. Which I'm obviously not.

Every time I look into those beautiful brown eyes... I get lost. Not literally in the world, but I get lost in the gorgeous eyes, basically spacing out.

And that perfect blond hair... I wish I could just tell her how I feel.

But I see Keefe, who I think she admires. Or Dex, who may like her. Or even Tam, who blushed when he's around her. I disguise my crush on her maybe a little too well.

But I have a chance. Today is my chance to just admit it.

I'm already 18, and she's 16. What's the harm in telling her? We're not too young nor old... so why does it matter?

"Hi." I hear a voice and I quickly turn around to see Sophie.
"Hey." I reply simply. She walks up to me, her brown eyes looking into my teal eyes.

"I can't believe we are almost officially cognates!" She said happily.

I grin and nod eagerly. When I smiled, her eyes flickered. I'm not sure what emotion was in her eyes, since I'm not an empath, but I could've sworn I saw a bit of admiration.

I must be imagining it.

"Hey Soph, maybe we should share the secrets we've been hiding from one another for a very long time." I said smirking. She blushed. "Well I-"

She's still protective of whatever it is. I can tell by her paled face and the way she's speechless. "Come on, I can tell you mine after you say yours." I prompt.

"I-I..." her voice drifts off. I thought she started to ignore me, but I heard a whisper in the back of my mind.

"I love you Fitz."