*gordie imagine*

Second POV

Second POV

You and Gordie have been best friends forever. Since your parents were really close, y'all were forced to be best friends. Although, after his brother Denny died in April, your parents kind of distanced each other. After a year and months of not being able to hang out that often, your parents finally have come together again and decided to do something fun.

It was a really hot summer day and you and your parents were visiting Castle Rock. Your parents and his decided to spend the day at the city camp ground. You were really nervous to speak to him and you could tell he was too. You weren't exactly sure why but somehow, when you talked to or of him now, you felt weird inside.

You sat by your mom and she talked to Mrs. Lachance, so was your dad and Gordie's. You didn't know what to say to Gordie, you didn't want to approach him and embarrass yourself. Relax. We have been best friends forever! Why so nervous? You told yourself as your mom glanced over to you, sending you a look that said, "Go talk to him. He seems lonely and bored." You finally thought it over and took the courage to sit next to him. You walked over to the edge of the dock where Gordie was, his feet were dangling in the water.

He noticed you and smiled a bit as you did too. "Hey, Y/N." he said softly as you tried your best not to blush. You didn't understand why you were feeling so weird about it. Although, you thought Gordie had looked a little more mature and puberty was doing him well.

"Hi, Lachance. Long time, no see."
He smiled as he looked down at his feet and kicked them around for a bit. "Do you want to go walk a bit?" He asked as you nodded, him standing up and helping you off of the ground.

He grabbed your hand and pulled you to the gate where you all of a sudden grew flustered.

You two walked a bit in silence on the sidewalk as you finally decided to break the awkward silence. "So, how have you been?" You asked as he looked up.
"I've been okay. How about you?" Gordie said and looked over to you as you quickly looked away before you would feel the oddness again. Calm down. He's just a boy. You've known him all of your life!

"I've been good. Missed hanging out with you though, Gordo." You said as he nodded and you two looked at each other. You didn't understand why you felt all tingly inside. You couldn't have been growing feelings for Gordie, it wouldn't be right. But he did get a little taller. And his hair-

"I missed being able to have those sleep overs where my mom would make popcorn and we'd watch scary movies." He said as you laughed. "Yeah, but considering we're fourteen now, I don't think your mom would allow it."
"Why not?" He asked, as you grew a little speechless. "Well, wouldn't it be weird? I mean, we're older than what we were."

He nodded but you could tell he was still confused. "Gordie, randomly asking to have a sleepover would make them think things." You laughed, slinging your arm around his shoulder as he made a face. "They would?"
"Well, it's not that often that you see two fourteen year old teenagers, who are opposite genders, having a sleepover. I mean, unless their cousins."
"That's true! But, how would it be weird between us?"

You're killing me Gordie Lachance.

"Gordie... our moms would think there would be something going on between us. Let's keep it the way it is." You said as he nodded, staring at the ground. You weren't exactly sure if you had hurt his feelings. You then began wondering if he wanted to have another sleepover.

"So, how is your school been?" Gordie asked. "It's been okay. Real different from Castle Rock." You then began thinking about the other guys that were also part of you and Gordie's little gang. "So, how are Chris, Teddy, and Vern?"

Ever since you and your parents moved to another town that was nearby, you haven't been talking to any one of them. You were curious of how their junior high years were going compared to yours.

"Well, Chris and I are still really good friends. Vern and Teddy don't speak to us as often, we all went our separate ways." He said as you frowned a bit, having sympathy for Gordie. You could tell that he was quite upset about it. "I'm sorry, Gordie." You said as he smiled up at you. It felt like each time he smiled, it sent a hole in your heart like a hole puncher to paper. "It's alright. I guess it's life. You know, at least I still have you."

You began tearing up, thinking of how much you missed hanging out with Gordie. At the same time, you were still questioning yourself if you had itsy bitsy, small, feelings for him.

You two stopped by a picnic table as you noticed that no one was in sight. Gordie quickly kissed leaned in and brought his lips to yours as you kissed him back. Somehow, it didn't surprise you but it sent fireworks bursting in your mind. He finally let go as he looked flustered. "I-I-I'm so sorry." He said, blushing a really bright red.

You laughed and hugged him as he hugged you back. "Don't worry, Lachance. Your secret is safe with me."

He smiled as you did too, smirking. "Race you back to the lake!"
"Not if I make it first, Y/L/N!"

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update in a while. :( and I'm sorry this one was short lol but thanks for reading!