*vern imagine*

second POV

It was finally Friday and you could be able to leave school for a peaceful weekend, alone and away from drama and what you call society. As the bell rang, you collected your belongings and hurried out of the classroom, trying to make it to your locker to get your history textbook for homework due Monday. Ugh I hate having homework over the weekend!

As you were walking, someone pushed you against the lockers, making you drop your belongings. "Oops, sorry. Didn't see you there." A girl said, obviously knocking you into the wall on purpose. You didn't know how to respond, except for staring at her as if she was stupid. Before you knew it, someone was already bending down, grabbing your binder and the papers that fell out of it. "Here, I'm really sorry she did that to you." A boy, about your age said as you took the papers, slowly. "Thanks, you didn't need to."
"Well, I saw what she did and felt bad. God, can Christine be a pain." He sighed as you nodded, quietly standing motionless. "Hey, would you wanna walk over to the gas station and get some candy with me?"
"Candy? I don't have money.." you mumbled as the boy shook his head. "No, I'll buy you whatever you want. You don't have to pay be back." He smiled, his dimples sinking into his cheeks like needles pressing into them. His hair was short and brown, he was also quite chubby. "Thank you." You said as he held his hand out for you to shake. "I'm Vern."
"I'm Y/N."
"So, Y/N, what's your favorite candy?" He asked as you shrugged your shoulders. "Gummy worms maybe?"
"Mines cherry PEZ. I could live of if it, ya know. It's basically all I eat." He chuckled as you laughed. "I've never eaten PEZ before, honestly."
"OH MY GOD, YOU HAVENT?"
You shook your head as he looked shocked. "Well, today's the day you do!"

The both of you of walked to a small gas station, not too far from your house. Vern pulled out two dollars and led you to the candy isle, which was filled with many different kinds. "PEZ is like real dope, sincerely." He said, grabbing small toy looking thing that had the shape of Mickey Mouse. "Okay, so you put the candy in here and pulled the head back and the candy pops out from here." He said, pointing to the small opening at the bottom. "Alright," you said as he grabbed two of them.

Once you two got the PEZ, you both walked to a few benches outside where you sat down. "Isn't it great?" He asked as you nodded, smiling. "I appreciate this very much, Vern. I say we be friends." You said, holding your hand out as he blushed brightly. "Really?"
"Well yeah, shake it."

He then shook your hand as looked down at his candy, his smile dropping. "You're not afraid of what people will think?"
"Well what do you mean?"
"That you're friends with me,"
"Vern, you're a very nice boy and all, and if people don't see that in you, then that's their problem, not yours. I see the good in people and you're a smart boy, and I want to be friends with you." You smiled as he smiled again, his whole face lighting up.
"Well, thanks, Y/N!"
"No problem, Vern."

And then you two finished your PEZ and before you headed home, you gave Vern a quick kiss on the cheek as he blushed more.  "See you monday!"
"Yeah, see you."

A/N; hey guys! I'm like sincerely sorry I haven't updated in the longest time, my brain has been deader than my Wil Wheaton fanfiction a lMaO
I hope this wasn't too cringey and I know this is short but I have like no ideas once so ever smh
LEAVE REQUESTS! If you want more lol, you can request me some ideas and I'll write it for you! Thank you all for the many reads and stay gold my friends. Hopefully I can update soon xx