𝖎𝖎. 𝖆𝖜𝖐𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖉 𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘

( 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 )

𝙳𝙴𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙳𝙰𝙽𝚃𝚂 𝚃𝚆𝙾
AWKWARD  ENCOUNTERS

𝙳𝙴𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙳𝙰𝙽𝚃𝚂 𝚃𝚆𝙾AWKWARD  ENCOUNTERS

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

I WAS WALKING IN THE MIDDLE of my two busy friends. I was helping Jane with some final touches for the Royal Cotillion while also having Lonnie discuss her newfound love for fighting. Jane quickly pulls me away from my talk with Lonnie to only be met with the eyes of Carlos. "Mal," Jane and I sigh.

"Hey, Beatrice," Carlos softly said as I was dragged in by Jane and was now standing in front of Carlos.

"Hey," I smile towards Carlos.

"I was wondering... uh... if you liked the... carrot cake last night," Carlos wonders.

"I had the lemon meringue pie," I giggle.

"Oh, right. I mean cool. Um, uh—" Carlos stutters.

"Smooth," Jay whispers patting Carlos' back before dragging him away.

"I have an opening for a fitting at 3:00. Who wants it?" Evie shouts out to the girls. Everyone went wild.

"Me! Sorry," Lonnie quickly jumps in before any other girl around took it.

"Perfect. I'll take you later," Evie points to Jane before motioning Lonnie and I to the side as Jane went to situate some things for the Cotillion with Mal.

Our heels start clicking as we walk back to Jane and Mal, "I can hardly wait to see what your wedding will look like!" Lonnie exclaims.

"Me, too. Wait! What?!" Mal eyes widen as Lonnie's saying just hit her.

"The Royal Cotillion is like getting engaged, to be engaged, to be engaged," I chuckle.

Evie gasps, "I knew it!" I giggle at her excitable actions.

"Well, everyone knows it," Lonnie says.

"I didn't know it! How come nobody told me that?" Mal exclaims.

"'Cause who would want to be stuck with my big brother?" I ask.

"Is my entire life just planned out in front of me—" Mal starts but soon my brother approaches us.

"Hi, Mal," he greets ignoring the rest of us.