Chapter 12: Luna Cake

HI SURPRISE I bet you thought I forgot about you. I DID NOT and I'm excited to be working on this again.

[Previously on CTCS4WM, Kendall and Jenna were attacked by a demon made of electricity in the pantry of Chrissy Teigen's Culinary Institute for Wayward Models:]

"What did that thing want?" Nadia asked.

Chrissy stared blankly at Barbie while she answered. "Apparently. I stole her-her?-I'm assuming her. Apparently I sold her baby's name."

Jenna, Channing, Nyané, Nadia, and Jasmine all said, "Ummm...?

"She says you stole her baby's name?" Jenna asked.

Chrissy and Barbie nodded.

"What are you doing to do?" Jenna asked.

Chrissy made a face like What do you think I'm going to do. "I'm going to give her her baby's name back."

~*~*~*~

The next morning, Chrissy rose early and went down to the kitchen. She had an idea for shutting this stupid internet demon up and getting it out of her life and she wanted it to happen as soon as possible. The lives of the models in her care were seriously in danger with this troll. The sooner she handled this situation the sooner she could focus her energies on tending to Kendall, who still had not left her room or even let Chrissy bring her some food. The young Kardashian was in a bad place. Not unfixable, but it would take time and attention, neither of which she currently had while this hell beast from the internet was flying around making outrageous claims and accusations.

She went into the pantry and began pulling ingredients off the shelves. When she emerged from the pantry, her arms piled dangerously high with the requisite ingredients, Jenna and the other models were sitting at their stations, waiting for her.

"Hey guys, morning," Chrissy said, letting the ingredients fall from her arms onto Kendall's unoccupied station. "No lesson plan today. I just need to bang this one recipe out real quick."

Jenna's eyes scanned the ingredients as Chrissy righted and arranged them around her workspace. Flour, vanilla, corn starch, baking powder, salt, butter, eggs, milk, gelatin, glycerin. "What are you... are you baking?" Jenna asked, a nanosecond before her eyes landed on the sugar. "Wait are you baking DESSERT? CHRISSY?"

A whisper of nervous energy bounced around between the students.

Chrissy paused and shot Jenna a look. "It's fine. Relax."

"Chrissy, dessert is. I'm trying to think of how to put this as nicely as possible. Not your speciality?"

"It's a simple cake, it'll be fine."

Barbie nervous cleared her throat. "Um like I don't want to be involved? Or whatever? But you say in your book that you suck at baking. Like, you say that in the intro. That's why there's no dessert section in it." Barbie made the 😬 face like Please don't kill me for saying it I'm just saying a fact.

"It's true that it's not my main thing, but it's one cake, and one simple spell you guys. I think I can handle it."

Barbie and Jenna locked eyes like What do we do we have to talk her out of this.

Chrissy set the oven to preheat and began opening the boxes, measuring out the dry and liquid ingredients, and mixing things together.

"Look. This internet demon is mad at me. She thinks the fact that I named my daughter Luna means that I stole the name from her."