chapter 5: the high chair

Jin stared disapprovingly at the two boys, with his arms crossed in front of his chest. The rest of the group slowly trickled in to the main room from the kitchen, all watching silently, knowing what would happen next.

"I don't appreciate you two running off together, especially without telling me."

"Sorry mother," Jungkook muttered unapologetically, earning a glare from Namjoon, who now stood beside Jin and towered over the two in trouble. As much as Jungkook wanted to act like he didn't care, he was as terrified as he could be. What if the punishment would be more than just the high chair?

"I'm kidding," Jin laughed, waving his hand as if he were swatting a fly. "I don't care that much!"

Jungkook visibly relaxed, so did the boy beside him.

Maybe we won't have to---

"You're still going to sit in the High Chair though," Jin interrupted Jungkook's thought. "Just 'cause I want to see that happen."

"Right when I thought we were safe," Taehyung sighed.

"Like Jinnie would pass up an opportunity to see another one of us in that cursed chair," Namjoon chuckled, ruffling Seokjin's hair.

The infamous High Chair was basically just an old space ship seat that Jimin brought home from the scrap yard one day. Namjoon and Hoseok had mounted it to a wall in their dorm's kitchen, so it overlooked the dining table, about 6 feet above the ground; there were another 3 feet above it for 'head space' and a lamp giving it spotlight.

There was no real reason for it other than decoration, and sometimes the loser of a game would have to sit in it for a certain amount of time. Jin had also repurposed it for punishments; evidently.

"How are we both going to fit in that seat?! Even if we both do fit, it'll break and fall!" Jungkook complained.

"Fine. Only you have to do it then." Jin 'compromised'. "Climb up!"

Jungkook walked over to the ladder that resided beside the chair. He climbed up and sat down. He slouched down into the chair, his friends all staring at him as they, too, sat down for supper.

Jin stood, iPhone 425 in hand, to take a picture.

"Say 'cheese', Kookie!"

"Cheese," he said, and scrunched up his nose for the picture

"Cheese," he said, and scrunched up his nose for the picture. "Can someone pass me a plate of supper?"

"Sure," Namjoon served the youngest a plate, and, being the tallest of the group, handed it up to Jungkook.

"Thanks," Jungkook took the plate and ate what was on it.

"You  know," Yoongi started, putting his knife down, "I have never once had to sit in that chair. And I don't plan to."

"Ha. Seriously?" Hoseok asked. "Is that why you never play Mario Kart with me? You're scared you'll lose and have to sit in the High Chair?"

"Haha. Sure, keep thinking that. But seriously, no. I have my reasons." Yoongi cut himself another piece of chicken. "I just haven't been a naughty boy, unlike someone." He stated, looking over to Jimin.

"What?!" Jimin questioned, a mouth full of sticky rice. "Okay!" He swallowed. "I play ONE prank. ONE! And suddenly I have to sit in the High Chair for lunch for a WEEK! Do you know how much that can hurt your butt? It's not exactly a comfortable chair!" He retorted.

"I remember that!" Jungkook joined, from 6 feet in the air. "And you're right. This chair is a little weird to sit on."

"Man, am I glad I'm not up there right now!" Taehyung chuckled, but the laughter died down when he saw the way Jin was looking at him. He shut up and continued to eat.

Once Jungkook's punishment was over and the dished were done, Jin called what was referred to as a "Dorm Meeting", where everyone would flock to the main room and sit on their beds while Jin gave a (usually) useless announcement.

"Guys," he got their attention, "Tomorrow morning at 6am we have to leave. Since we have no leftover cash, handing stuff in to the office won't be a concern. We just need to make sure we have everything and to pack it tonight."

Yoongi groaned. "I am not getting up that early."

"Yes, you are. Just don't go to bed at 5am and you'll make it," Jimin retorted.

"Anyway, there's a list I made for each of you, on the fridge. Please check off items as you go, and put it back on the fridge when it's all checked off. Go!" He dismissed the boys.

Jungkook got up to get his list, the other boys grumbling and groaning about having to walk over to get theirs.

When Jungkook got to the fridge, he noticed that Jin's was there too, already checked off.

Well, at least one of us is ready.

He found his list and started reading things over.

Jungkookie~

o   First aid kit
o   Socks
o   Underwear
o   Shirts
o   Longsleeves
o   Sweaters
o   Pants
o   Shorts
o   Bug repellant
o   Sunscreen
o   Aloe
o   Phone
o   Charger
o   Your camera

... and many more. From the look of Jungkook's list, they were mostly basic things, because the boys already got their specialized supplies from the school; that was in a different bag.

Jungkook's camera was a Nikon 385 n-4 Next Generation B8126 p6. It was one of the most compact and high tech cameras that the A.S.S. 7.8 could get it's hands on. He got it as a birthday present. With it, he'd be able to document the whole trip in 6394p quality, and share it in 1080p quality (Youtube still couldn't handle anything better than that).

After Jungkook had packed and put his list back on the fridge, he joined the rest of the boys in having a good night's sleep in preparation for the big day tomorrow