II

*Lynn's P.O.V*

The sun sent rays all over my sketchbook through the tour bus window, allowing me to see all the pencil lines I had failed to fully erase. I sighed heavily and closed my sketchbook.

I was extremely drained from the past few days. Out all day in the sun, partying all night with a bunch of bands and crew members. Don't get me wrong, I was having the most fun I've had in years and Warped was easily the best and most eventful tour the boys and I have been on, but I was just so tired. I guess to be fair, it was only 7 in the morning and I passed out around 2-ish.

I was on FaceTime with Alexa last night. She had gone home a couple shows back. She had been on the road with us, taking photos and video compilations of us to promote our upcoming shows through social media. She had did some amazing work and I was confused as to why she wanted to go home, but she had insisted on leaving no matter what I said.

Lately, she had been a bit distant, but I mean so was I. I've been so caught up in music and my own thoughts. I knew that I wasn't giving her what she needed and it broke my heart knowing that I couldn't be there for her when she needed me. I mean of course I was only a call away, but it's just not the same.

I tried to act like nothing was bothering me, more so for her. I already knew I was slowly turning into a set of bones that only knew how to do 3 things. Eat, pretend to be happy, and feel nothing. I knew if I at least pretended to be happy, Alexa would be happy too, and she deserved all of that and more. It was the least I could do for her.

My phone buzzed, interrupting me from my reoccurring dark thoughts. I hated this feeling so fucking much.

Baby 💕: Hey babe, I hope you're sleeping well. I hung up last night because you fell asleep and I know you need your sleep for your show today. I'll talk to you later 💓

Before I had the chance to respond, I heard our tour manager Matty call my name from the outside of the bus.

"Hey Lyndsey, why are you up so early?"

I rubbed my eyes, implying that I really didn't want to be up this early but yet here I stood.

"Not sure, I guess I just couldn't really sleep. Plus, have you heard Brian? He's like fucking demented or something when he's asleep" I said pushing out a small smile.

"So, I wasn't the only person hearing someone creepily speak a different language last night?" He asked, laughing.

"Nope, that's Brian for you." I chuckled. "Anyway, so what's up?"

"Nothing really, you guys better start to get ready soon. I'll be on soon to write your schedule. One thing I do know for sure as of right now is, instead of signing at the merch table, you guys will have a signing at this local music store's table. I think there's only like 100 wristbands allowed so it shouldn't take long."

"Oh sick, yeah, I've heard of the store. Heard it's like super successful now."

"Yeah it's in Downtown Boston, maybe we should make a trip out there. Anyway, let me go find out what's the deal for today. I'll see you soon. We're gonna have a sick ass time today. We're in Boston, baby!" He said, sticking his tongue out. "In all seriousness, have a good day, Lyndsey, you owe it yourself." He said pulling me in for a side hug.

"Thanks, Matty. I'll talk to you soon." I said, leaving his embrace.

He started to walk away before turning around quickly and saying, "Tell Alex to be ready for his class and not late like the past 3 times."

I smiled and shot him a thumbs up.
Before walking back inside, I inhaled all the fresh air I could, trying to find something that would distract me from my aching brain. I ran my hand through my hair trying to get the tangles out of it, hoping that would help too.

Maybe, just maybe, today might be a good day.