Chapter Four

Victoria gasped against his lips, hands on his chest as she tried to resist. The kiss was rough, full of an emotion she couldn't quite put her finger on. She felt his hand release her dress, only for it settle and squeeze her waist. Desire rolled over her in waves.

She whimpered, surrendering to the softness of his lips. Her hands were trying to grasp at his chest to no avail, the metal armour under her fingers got colder and colder as her body burned like a furnace.

Like a flower, she bloomed under him as she eagerly met his burning desire with her own. His tongue traced her bottom lip, asking for permission to enter her mouth. In which she immediately accepted, pressing her body against him as much as possible. He groaned against her lips, arms tightening, bringing her as close as physically possible to him as his tongue massaged and kneaded hers.

Victoria's head spun as she sunk further into this sinful passion. Hades kissed her as if he were a soldier about to leave for war, with the same desperation as if she were the last drop of water in a desert that never ended. The kiss was fervent, Victoria had never experienced anything like this. The need, the desperation...she thought she was going mad.

Hades pulled away, his breathing ragged and eyes dilated. A faint blush covered his neck. "Tell me to stop." His voice was raspy, thick with emotion. Victoria barely heard what he said as the pounding of her heart rushed through her ears. She was stunned. No, stunned didn't cover it. It was as if she had been kissed dumb.

His lips glistened with saliva. She was overcome with wanting to taste and kiss him until the day she died. The taste of him made her heart heave and roll. She was addicted, needing him to consume her.

"Tell me to stop before I keep going." His eyes were desperate as he searched Victoria's eyes. She felt his hand tighten on her waist. In her dazed state, she stared at him through hazy eyes filled with lust. Stop? Why would she want to stop?

When she didn't breathe a word, Hades groaned and kissed her again. Victoria could barely think, all that ran through her head was that she wanted more. More and more and more and-

A loud bang made them spring apart. She turned her head toward the sound and saw a maid standing there, shock written all over her face as she stared at the coupling. A wooden bucket was lying on the floor, water spilled out all over the marble floor as steam slowly raised up into the air. At the least the mop was still in her hand.

The maid began apologising profusely. Bending to her knees and taking a cloth out she began to try and collect the boiling hot water with her bare hands back into the bucket. She looked terrified.

Hades cursed as Victoria gathered her bearings and adjusted her clothes.

"Ah dammit," he cursed again, "I'm sorry, I was never planning on kissing you. Not like this. I was supposed to just–Hermes was–you looked so beauti-" he ran a hand through his hair and then his face, brows furrowed as he stared at her lips, evidently furious with himself.

Gathering a breath, he spoke again.

"I apologise my lady, it is evident that you don't want me as your intended and I disregarded your feelings. I was unable to control m-"

She looked up at him, looking at him as if he had just taken her favourite toy away from her. Hades cursed and turned away from her, he was struggling with an inner battle.