Chapter Two

Victoria could feel electricity fill the air, it made her heart pound and turn her body cold. Something ached in the pit of her stomach.

Hermes let go of her as if she burned and hastily created a considerable amount of distance between them.

"Uncle, it's not what it looks like." Hermes protested quickly, Victoria furrowed her eyebrows at the words and spun to face this mysterious man. As she did so, the dizziness and nausea came back, vertigo overtook her body. Her feet tripped over themselves as she turned around. Panic sprung as she felt her body crumble, the earth spinning underneath her feet.

The last thing she remebered was pain in her arms as big hands grabbed them to steady her. The scent of sandalwood and musk somehow comforted her heart as she slid into the world of unconsciousness.

-

Victoria's body felt light when she woke up. As if she could float in the air. She sat up and looked at her surroundings.

The room was magnificent. Black and gold marble covered the floors, the walls and pillars were gold. Paintings covered the walls of nymphs and naked men and women in dramatic poses. Golden pillars reached high into the ceiling and in the center of it was a beautiful skylight. Coming down from it was a huge chandelier, the crystal ornaments sprinkled tiny rainbows across the room.

Victoria sat up in confusion at the unfamiliar place. And breeze made her shiver. That was odd. It felt like there was enough pale skin for her to feel the cold.

She looked down at her body and realised that she was only barely clothed. Her heart started racing and she saw that her body was draped in a soft ad silky pale blue cloth. It seemed to hang from her neck and barely cover her breasts, trailing down her body and the excess fabric seemed to drape of the bed in a pool of blue. The item of clothing was also completely backless, fabric only coming to join just under her lower back. What the hell was she wearing? Her shoes and socks were missing, as was her underwear.

At least the bed beneath her was comfortable. It was a single bed she noticed and peered under the mattress. And realised.

This was no bed, the gold marble seemed to grow into a beautiful carved pedestal on which she had lay upon. As if she were a piece of art on display.

The last thing she needed was to be surrounded in a glass box. Victoria thought wryly to herself.

Three women walked into her room carrying towels and bows of steaming water. One was holding a wooden box tightly as if she was struggling to carry it.

"Good evening my lady." The one in the middle said, the were all dressed in what looked like white robes, the fabric seemed to stop at their ankles and showed leather sandles adorning their feet. Gold jewelry wrapping itself around their wrists and further up their arms."We are your personal maids and will be serving you during your time here in Olympus. My name is Alexandra, to my right is Edith and my left is Orla." The three women curtsied.

Victoria was confused. Maids? Olympus?

"I'm sorry," she said slowly, still trying to come to terms with her surroundings and what the situation was, "I don't quite understand. I think there was a mistake."

The girl Orla stepped forward and placed the bowl of water on the table. It was soaked with rose petals.

"My lady, we have been instructed by our King to prepare you for a meeting. He says that all will be explained to you them. Our King says that you mustn't fear nor worry for you are in the safest place in the universe and that you will be well looked after." Alexandra said, still in her curtsy.