C h a p t e r 1: Coming Home

C H A P T E R 1

Rain pattered quietly, rhythmically against the hotel window, sliding down the glass and leaving small streaks where they had been, like teardrops falling down someone's face. Kwon Jiyong lay in the hotel room bed, looking up at the ceiling, his gaze constantly shifting from the ceiling fan to the TV that was on mute. Usually rain was one of the sounds that so easily caused the twenty-five year old rapper to fall asleep, but not tonight. Something was keeping him up, although Jiyong himself wasn't exactly sure why.

In the next day, Jiyong would be heading back to Seoul to get back with his group, BIGBANG. It had been almost two months since he had last seen all of his best friends and bandmates; he had been on a solo tour for the past months, and hadn't seen them. Of course, he had always called and messaged the rest of BIGBANG, but he couldn't help feeling lonely on his tours. His last stop was yesterday, so tomorrow he would go back to Seoul. He missed his members so much, but there was something else, something that was bothering him about it.

He supposed it was just his nervousness. He always felt that way, even with his bandmates, like somehow he could disappoint them. But he tried to shake off the feelings and sat up, the blankets slipping off his body. Sighing he stepped down off the bed, and walked over to the mini-kitchen where he'd had to cook for the past week. He would definitely be happy to taste his hyung's cooking again, Seung Hyun's cooking. For the past weeks he'd had to get through with only fast food and stuff he actually knew how to make - which wasn't a lot, considering he had never really focused on trying to learn cooking.

With another heavy sigh Jiyong sifted through the few things he had in the fridge until he found a simple apple. He plopped down into a chair and raised the apple to his lips as he pulled out his phone and switched it on, wincing at the brightness. The numbers 4:37 flashed at him, too bright after hours of just sitting in darkness and staring at nothing. He cursed mentally, realizing he had gotten only two hours of sleep and it was only an hour until he had to be at the airport to catch his flight back to Seoul.

He bit into the apple and set his phone down. Well, he didn't really have anything to do, now. He stood up, setting the apple back on the table, and headed towards the closet where his suitcase was stashed. After flipping it open and pulling out what he didn't need, he found what he needed to wear. A simple t-shirt with a jacket over it, a pair of tight jeans, boots, and a beanie over his messy shock of blonde hair. He put on little eyeliner, knowing that there would be fans who would want to see him. If the fans were even up this early, at least.

It took around fifteen minutes for Jiyong to get dressed and finish it all up. He stood in the bathroom, looking at himself in the mirror for a moment and then stepping out.

He slowly trudged back over to the bed, sitting down again. He took off his cap for a moment to run his fingers through his locks before pulling it back on. His phone flashed, and Jiyong reached over to slide his finger over the screen and unlock it. It was a message from Seung Ri, his vocalist bandmate and the maknae of BIGBANG.

From; Maknae Panda

We're all very excited to see you. Oh, and Seung Hyun wants to talk to you as well.

Jiyong, at that moment, saw his screen flash Seung Hyun's name and play his ringtone. He picked it up and pressed the call button.

"Hello?" Jiyong yawned, the tiredness clear in his voice.

"Ji!" Seung Hyun's deep and happy voice came over the phone. "The members all want to know when you will be arriving."

"Um..." Jiyong paused to scratch the back of his head. "Around... It should be sometime around noon tomorrow."