C h a p t e r 21 ~ What?!

CHAPTER  21

    As soon as Seung Hyun felt Jiyong fall limp in his arms, he felt panic claws at his insides. Taeyang seemed to notice, and he set his jaw in a way that told Seung Hyun how worried he actually was despite the calm look in his eye. As they carried the younger into the building, Seung Ri hovered behind them, looking ready to burst into tears just from seeing his hyung the way he was. Daesung had stayed behind to call an ambulance. All Seung Hyun could think of was Leila, how she had done all this to his beloved Jiyong. Why? Why couldn't she just leave them alone?

   Seung Hyun remembered the feeling that had blazed through him when he saw Leila hurting Jiyong. It had been like fire, the flames licking at his veins and sending an immense surge of fear and anger through his body. Guilt still pricked at his chest: I should have went with him. I should have come out to check on him sooner. This is all my fault! He wanted to scream at the sky. Leila... What had gotten into her to actually make her try to hurt Jiyong? Seung Hyun knew she was crazy but was she really crazy enough to try and kill someone? His arms tightened underneath the unconscious Jiyong's shoulders and he wished he could hug him and be assured he would be alright. At least his chest was still rising and falling. He wasn't leaving anytime soon.

    Eventually they heaved the younger man back into the Studio, setting him gently on the wooden floor, his head in Seung Hyun's lap. Taeyang hurried off to see how Daesung was doing with calling the ambulance, and Seung Ri sat down next to Seung Hyun, crouched over Jiyong. Despite the situation Jiyong looked as if he were asleep, one arm draped over his chest. But Seung Hyun knew he would be in pain as soon as he woke up.

   If you wake up, Seung Hyun thought with a lump in his throat. No. He shook his head. I can't think like that. You're gonna be fine, baby boy. Leila didn't do that much damage to you...

   Right?

   He tried to push those thoughts to the back of his mind. Jiyong was going to be fine; he had to be. Leila hadn't done much more than kick him a few times- surely he wouldn't have any more injuries than a broken rib or two? Albeit the thought of Leila hurting Jiyong like that made cold, hard anger twist in his gut. He leaned down and pressed his forehead to the younger's, closing his eyes and savoring that feeling of Jiyong in his arms. In the hospital, this kind of touching wouldn't happen. Most definitely not where people could see. Jiyong breathed slowly still, not even twitching at the pressure of Seung Hyun on top of him. A lump formed in Seung Hyun's throat and hot tears blurred his vision. "I'm so sorry, baby boy..." He whispered. His voice broke. "This should not have happened to you..."

   Seung Hyun could feel Seung Ri's soft, yet questioning gaze on his back. He rarely ever saw Seung Hyun treat someone so sweetly; it wasn't suprising that the maknae of BIGBANG was confused. He was about to snap at Seung Ri to look away, but the sound of sirens could soon be heard and Daesung rushed in. A look of horror crossed his face for a moment as he saw Jiyong, but he got a hold of himself and said, "Taeyang went to inform YG about the 'accident' during dance practice. The ambulance should be parked very soon. I suggest you act like an average bandmate, not a concerned boyfriend."

   Seung Hyun's lip curled but he agreed, pulling away from Jiyong. Taking a deep breath, he let his fingers slide into Jiyong's briefly. We'll get you healed up. Just... Don't leave me. You aren't gonna die. I won't allow it.

~ ~ ~

    "Mr. Choi, I assume you are a good friend of Kwon Jiyong's?" asked the doctor, his steely gazed fixed on Seung Hyun, who nodded.

   "Yes."

   "I suggest you sit down, then," the doctor said. "We aren't allowed to give out information to friends. Only family."