C h a p t e r 4: Uh-Oh

C h a p t e r   4

      For some reason, just at the thought of Seung Hyun going on a date, Jiyong's blood boiled. He could only think of all the girls who just wanted Seung Hyun for his looks, his fame, and it made him think of all the ways that his heart could be broken. He knew it was selfish to even think like that; if Seung Hyun was going to start going out with someone, shouldn't Jiyong be happy for him? But the thought of Seung Hyun with someone else... it made his heart clench, and made him want to cry. He was jealous; but surely it was just of the fact that Seung Hyun was going to get a girlfriend before him, right? Jiyong's mind screamed at him, No, that is not the reason!

      Then, at the same time, there was the chance that Seung Hyun wouldn't even like the girl. It made Jiyong wonder exactly how he had met her, and wonder who the hell she even was. What if she were just some tramp who wanted Seung Hyun just for his fame? On the other hand, what if she was the perfect girl, and her and Seung Hyun actually started a life together? Even the thought made him grit his teeth in pain, as if someone had punched him in the stomach.

      He tried not to think about it all as he lay in his bedroom, watching the bathroom door from the corner of his eye, waiting for Seung Hyun to come out. He shouldn't have even been thinking badly of Seung Hyun's date. Besides... Seung Hyun had been very lonely before Jiyong had left for his tour. If Seung Hyun was happy, then shouldn't Jiyong be happy as well? Just why was he feeling this pain?

      The bathroom door creaked open in the hallway, snapping Jiyong from his thoughts as he promised himself to not think like that again. Seung Hyun stepped out- and instantly, Jiyong had to snap his mouth shut in fear Seung Hyun would notice his shameless gawking. Water dripped down the sides of Seung Hyun's neck, as he shook the water out of his hair. Jiyong almost fell off his bed but managed to turn his attention back on the tv so that he was distracted from his Hyung's body for that moment, at least.

     After the sound of shuffling, Seung Hyun emerged from the closet, only wearing underclothes. He looked conflicted as he searched for something nice to wear. Jiyong stared for a while, until Seung Hyun's voice - just like two days before - snapped him from his dirty mind.

      "Jiyong, what do you think I should wear?" Seung Hyun asked, turning to look quizzically at the band leader.

      Jiyong had to clear his throat before answering, "I don't know what your girl likes so I can't really say."

      Oops. That came out much harsher than Jiyong had meant it to. But thankfully Seung Hyun didn't seem to notice and just turned to start going through his stuff once again. Eventually, Seung Hyun's cluelessness made Jiyong sigh heavily and walk over to him to help him find something to wear. Flashing a grateful smile, Seung Hyun said, "She likes men. Like, manly men. But I don't have many suits or things like that, since whenever we are supposed to wear them, they are taken back by our stylists."

      "I suggest you just wear that one, then," Jiyong said as he pointed to a dark suit with a red tie. "Not much else I can help you with. Not that you need it."

      Not that you need it? Jiyong mentally smiled, realizing how much that comment actually meant to him. Seung Hyun looked great with whatever he was wearing.

      Seung Hyun fixed Jiyong with a hard, curious stare. "Ji, why have you been acting so different lately?"

       Jiyong gave him a bright smile, which came easily with the thought of Seung Hyun and himself. "Nothing, Seung. I've just been really stressed lately, okay? Don't be worried about me."