The Wedding

I woke up next to him.

His eyes were fluttering when I sat up. I was about to push myself to get out of bed and he grabbed me.

Sliding me under him he pressed his body flush against mine. I gasped and tried to shove him away.

“I don’t want a divorce. I’m not going back on tour for a long time.” He said to me and I inhaled his scent, realizing how much I truly missed it.

“I don’t care, Luke. You seem to not realize that you haven’t been here for a whole year of your daughter’s life...an entire year of mine.” I told him quietly. He looked into my eyes and he held a sadness there that I hadn’t seen in a long time.

“I missed you....” He said softly and then sighed and buried his face in my neck. “I wanted to come home...so many times but they said if I left, I would lose everything.”

I felt tears pricking my eyes.

“I missed you too, Luke...but you have no idea how many nights I slept alone in my bed crying myself to sleep because I was worried you might never come back.” I said and he leaned up so our faces were inches apart.

“I love you.” He whispered and before I could respond he pressed his lips on mine. I didn’t move at first but then my body burst with flames licking my insides.

I pressed back harder and he did the same. We were getting lost in each other’s lips and breathing that we didn’t notice my phone ringing.

I glanced at it last minute and pushed Luke off to answer it.

“Hello?” I said, breathing heavily.

“Hi darling...I take it from your lack of breath that your wonderful asshole of a husband is back.” My mom said into my ear and I smiled and glanced at Luke who was pouting. I glanced away realizing that he didn’t know yet.

“Um, yeah he just got back last night.” I told her and she sighed.

“Good. Now put him on the phone.” She demanded. My eyes went wide and I got off the bed.

“He doesn’t know.” I blurted out. I could hear Luke getting up as well.

“Willow Marie you told me you told him already.” My mom said. I pressed my hand to my forehead and Luke stood in front of me.

Before I could react to his sudden motion, Luke grabbed my phone.

“Who is this?” He said into it. I looked down and layed back on the bed. His face was scrunched in concentration that made him look adorable. I looked at the clock and saw it said 3:47 a.m.

Once I looked back towards Luke his face had softened and then he suddenly looked like he wanted to cry. He dropped to his knees and I turned away unable to make eye contact with him. He slowly made his way over to me and I looked away, not wanting to cry for the 2nd time today.

Luke was suddenly handing me the phone.

“Why didn’t you tell me your mother had cancer?” He said after a few silent moments. Before I could answer, my phone rang again.

“Yeah, mom what’s up?”

“It just took me a moment to realize that I didn’t tell you what I called you for. Your brother’s wedding is this weekend so you had better be there. It’s at noon remember?” She said and I nodded then remembered she couldn’t see me.

“Yes, mom I’ll be there and bring Lizzy so you can see her.” I said and she was grateful then we said our goodbyes.

Luke gave me a suspicious look and then sat next to me.

“Um...my brother is getting married this weekend.” I said and he nodded, surprising me. I figured he would get mad that I didn’t tell him that either.

“Ok, well I guess I should order a tux then since it’s already Thursday...well Friday now.” I blinked at him. I wasn’t expecting him to want to go. I guess a lot has changed in a year.

“Um, yeah I have to go pick up my dress...today I guess.” I told him and he looked over at me. I met his gaze and he quickly dropped his lips on mine again.

He kissed me so passionately I wanted to melt away in his arms.

“So why is your mother calling at 3 in the morning?” He asked. I sighed and looked away.

“Luke, this doesn’t change how I feel about leaving you.” I said softly and he put a finger under my chin to tilt it up to look at him.

“I plan on changing your mind for the rest of my life.” He said in a low voice as if to assure me how serious he was.

“Did the band break up?” I asked and this time he looked away.

“Things just haven’t been the way we planned for them to be.” He said and then looked back into my eyes again. They darted back and forth between my eyes like he was searching for something.

“I want to stay here with you. Will you let me make it up to you?”

“What are you suggesting?” I asked.

“You should give me 6 months to prove to you that I am completely serious about doing this with you and never leaving you again.” He told me and I looked around the room in thought when my eyes landed on the closet again. The memory box back in its special place at the top. It made me think about the fact that our wedding picture was in there too.

*Flashback*

“Are you ready?” My best friend, Ashley asked me. I giggled and nodded.

This was it.

All I had to do was walk down to the aisle, say a couple of vows, slip on a ring and he would be mine and I would be his. I was sad that my dad wouldn’t be here to give me away. He was probably watching me from high above in the clouds and I smiled at the thought.

The crash was so many years ago now…

I shook my head and tried to think of something else, it was my wedding day after all.

The music started and Ashley handed me my bouquet. She was going to give me away. She was like my sister so I wanted it to be her.

We smiled at each other and the curtains opened. I stepped out with her on my arm and she smiled at people as we passed by.

I kept my eyes trained on the beautiful boy waiting for me at the end of the aisle. He was wearing the most amazing tux I’d ever seen and a great big grin.

I knew that everything would be perfect after this.

It had to be.

Oh how wrong I’d been.

*End of Flashback*

“Fine. But only 6 months and I don’t think my decision is going to change.” I said and got up to walk out of the room, knowing by now I would never get back to sleep.

“Oh, I almost guarantee it will change.” He said almost so quietly that I barely caught it.

***A/N***

So this chapter was surprisingly a little hard to write. I think I'm just really emotional right now...not sure but here the next chapter! Enjoy and I'll try to update soon.