Lizzy's Chickenpox

**A/N** Lizzy Hemmings (Aviana Olea Le Gallo) On the side -->

"Mom, yeah."

"Yes, mom I get it."

"Ok, ask for the blue one."

"You realize that the color of the gatorade isn't relevant because you like them all?"

"I'm not sassing you mother, I'm just saying."

"I know that since I'm married now I have to act like an adult."

"Yeah, sure mom."

"Did I call you mother? NO, pshht of course not! Hey gotta go, Lizzy's calling me!" I lied before pressing the end button quickly. I sighed deeply, and squeezed my eyes shut, knowing this weekend was going to be hectic.

Link was going to kill Luke when he saw him. I tried to convince Luke that it wouldn't be a problem if he didn't want to come.

Being the stubborn arsehole he is, of course he told me that he was going to start proving his love immediately! Those might not have been his exact words but you get the point I think.

Honestly though, I would be perfectly fine with him pouring his undying flipping heart out AFTER the wedding...but that's just me and I'm apparently not calling the shots on this one.

"Was that your mother again?" Luke asked me and I looked up with little spots dancing in my eyesight. I must have squeezed my eyes pretty hard.

I don't think you can just push out all the frustrations in your mind and body by forcing your eyes to compress together.

"Um, yeah it was...we need to go pick up her prescription." I told him and looked over at Lizzy who was cozy on the couch cuddled up next to Luke. He was watching the tv and she was dozing off. "She also wants some blue gatorade but her pharmacy only has it in the fridges behind the counter so remind me to ask."

"Why can't she do it?" He asked without thinking and I cringed because that meant he forgot already.

"Because-"

"Oh, I forgot Wil, I'm sorry I know why." He interrupted. I nodded without responding. "You gotta remember that I haven't been here for a year and your mom suddenly has cancer. That's going to take some getting used to." He got off the couch and walked up to me. He lifted his hand to my face. I knew what was coming and ducked under his arm.

"No, Luke. If you're really doing this whole, "6 months to prove your love" thing then you're starting from scratch. Like actually the beginning when we first met kind of scratch." I told him and he dropped his hand and ran his other one through his blond hair. I loved to watch him do that...well I used too. Now, it just showed a look of nervousness.

He was nervous.

I moved back into the kitchen where I was standing originally. I turned on my Keurig machine and put in my favorite coffee.

I watched in silence as the chai latte was poured into my cup.

"Alright, I understand completely...I'll remember that from now on." He said and turned to go sit on the couch with Lizzy again. He seemed a little upset with not being able to kiss me.

Honestly, he just got back last night and this was already escalating quickly. I wanted a divorce last night and now I'm agreeing to prolong the pain of being with him for 6 more months.

Why did I agree to him?

Maybe it's because it's just hard to say no to Luke Hemmings. I have never been able to stay mad at him for long. This time is different though...he was gone for such a long time. Does it even seem right to just automatically forgive him?