Chapter 4

Hey guys its Gingaminga13 back with another chapter of 'The Seven Swords of Naruto'. If my plan right now goes to plan this is released the day after the last chapter. This chapter focusses on someone not previously seen in this book so far. Without anymore of my ramblings lets get on with the chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiruzen had nearly got back on track with the seemingly endless amounts of paperwork on his desk when he heard a knock on his door. The knock was a secret code for the ANBU which signalled him to turn on the silence seals in the room. When he called for them to enter he saw a weasel masked ANBU enter. This was the ANBU tasked with spying on the Uchiha clan in case they started planning a coup d'etat. After all, who would expect their own prodigy, Itachi Uchiha, to be the spy. After Itachi took off his mask, Sarutobi saw that the expression he wore was pained which meant he had important information about the Uchiha clan. "What is it Itachi?" said the elderly hokage in a deep voice that has sign of witnessing multiple wars and friends and family passing on the battlefield.

"The Uchiha are starting to prepare for the coup, hokage-sama." said Itachi is his usual dead voice. He had grown up during the 3rd shinobi war and in that time had witnessed atrocities committed and had even killed others himself. This left him in a fragile meant state in his teen years and having his father planning a coup made it worse. It was obvious to see that in his eyes there was a lot of self conflict and pain but after the last war he had committed to making sure nothing like that happened again, especially not a civil war. Hiruzen could tell that Itachi had made a plan and had probably been thinking it through for a while. With the hokage beckoning for him to continue he told him of his plan. "The only way to stop the Uchiha clan is to eradicate them. The cycle of hatred in the clan is doing more harm than good and if they are not wiped out then a war will occur."

Sarutobi's eyes widened. That sentence implied that Itachi himself would do it and that was a huge burden to be put on a teens shoulders. He now understood why there was so much stress in Itachi's eyes. To kill your family, in order to save strangers is one of the hardest things a human could possibly do and having someone so young doing it would leave his mental state even more fragile. "Are you sure you want to do this Itachi? No-one is asking you to do this." came the comforting voice of the hokage. Itachi was one of their best ANBU and if he did this Hiruzen would have to think of where Itachi could go. Also, no-one would be willing to do something like this without a few requests. "Itachi," asked the old man "Is there anything you want in return for this burden?"

Itachi already knew what he wanted before he entered the office "There are a few things that I want. I want to leave Sasuke alive and to also keep this a secret from him. I want him to purify the clans name. Second, I want Naruto to be out of the village. I have watched over him as an ANBU and I have seen the torment he has gone through. If he was out of the village his life would be significantly better. The last thing i want is for Shisui Uchiha to come with me. He too shares my views on the Uchiha coup if i don't have to kill him it would make the job easier."

Hiruzen was stunned. The teen that decided he would kill his family for the village only wanted 3 things. "I agree to your terms Itachi. Naruto is leaving with the seven ninja swordsmen later and I will make sure sasuke believes he will purify the clans name. Shisui will be a small issue but I can make it seem as if he was burned to death or something along those lines. If you don't know what to do after you leave Konoha then i would advise going with Naruto. The rebels in Kiri need strong fighters and you could help a lot not to mention help train Naruto to become a better ninja himself. I am truly sorry that it had to end like this but there is no alternative. When are you planning to carry it out."