Hermione's Third P.O.V Part 1

"The yule ball is a tradition of the triwizard tournement ever since it's inception. On christmas eve night, the champions will open the ball up with their partners." Professor Mcgonagall said shortly after Harry and I arrived and the lesson began, I guess this is what I needed a dress for. "Mr Weasley, would you kindly come assist me in demonstrating the dance moves?" "Me?" Ron asked shocked. Everyone, including Harry and surprisingly me, smirked. "Silence! Now Mr Weasley, put your hand on my waist." Mcgonagall requested when Ron went up. "I'm sorry, where?" Ron was so embarrassed much to my and Harry's amusement. Suddenly there was a wolf whistle, I didn't see who it was but my guesses say it was either Fred or George as I saw them chuckling. Soon after, everyone was practising, and to my surprise, I was paired with Harry to practise. 'I really hope Harry asks me to the ball, he wouldn't  ask me though, would he? I'm not pretty. I'm just a plain old bushy haired bookworm.' I thought. About an hour and a half later, we all finished practicing dancing, we had to go back to the main hall to do some extra work that was set by Snape, who was watching over to make sure it was being done. "Hermione..." I heard someone whisper. "Hermione..." the whisper said again. I looked up from my paper to see Harry giving me a little wave, indicating that he called my name.

"What is it Harry?" I whispered back. "Could we have a talk in the common room after this? There is something that I want to ask you." I nodded and went back down to work I was doing, my cheeks were pink with embarrassment, but I don't think anyone noticed. After the extra work was done, me and Harry said goodbye to Ron for now and headed to the common room. When we got there, we took a seat next to each other. "So Harry, what did you want to ask me?" I could tell that he was nervous as he was sweating quite a lot. "Her-Hermione, would you do me the honour of going to the ball with me?" My mouth dropped and I closed it when he wiped away his sweat, I smiled a bright smile. "Yes Harry. I will go to the ball with you, bu-but why me? I mean-" Harry put a finger to my lips, preventing me from talking. "Don't say any more. Your one of my best friends and I couldn't think of a better person to go with." He removed his finger from my lips and I was still smiling and wished I could kiss him right here and now, but I don't want to embarrass him in case he doesn't feel the same way about me, or worse, it ruins our friendship. At that moment, Ron came in, he looked like he just saw Voldemort, he was being carried by Ginny and Dean. "What happend to you Ron?" I heard Harry ask him when we went over, he sounded concerned. "He just asked Fleur to the ball." Ginny replied. "It j-just sort of slipped out." stuttered Ron. "Blurted it out more like." Dean stated. "Really? Well, what did she say?" "No of course!" Ginny butted in. It made me and Harry feel very sorry for Ron. "It's time for lunch anyway. Do you want to stay here Ron?" Harry offered. "N-no, when have you known me to skip eating? I'm coming with you." Ron managed to answer, and so we all headed to the great hall to enjoy what was on offer to eat for lunch.