Dark and Cold

Chapter pic done by Micci450
*Mizunis's pov*

It's been four years. Four years of being reminded that I shouldn't have been born. Four years of never having any kind of love from my parents or brother even my twin sister. The only thing I see from them is hate, disgust, anger, and pain. I've never been outside. I get to watch Yuki outside playing in the snow with Kaname. Other than that I just stare at the dark damp basement that has kept me prisoner for the four years I've been on this earth. As I stare out my small window in awe as the snow flakes fall I hear the door bang open. I look away from the window and see my raging mother. She walks over to the window and smacks me with as much force as she can. I flew back against the wall and fall onto my small bed. I look up to meet a heel to the face. I feel blood trickle down my head. She continues hit after hit until Haruka steps in to tell her Yuki and Kaname are back inside. "You are a vile creature that shouldn't have been born! You disgust me!" Juri yells at me. I just look down avoiding eye contact. She spits on me before she leaves and so does Haruka. I find an old piece of cloth to wipe away the blood on my face. I hadn't realized my mouth was full of blood until I opened it. I don't speak very often. I am forbidden to. I do hum to songs. My parents only hate me because I have two different colored eyes like my uncle Rido they think I am a monster just like him. Little do they know I am actually worse than him way worse. I can manipulate things, I don't know if it would work on other people though. I can also control the four elements water, earth, wind, and fire. I can control shadows, I can make people feel my pain or see my memories. I have many powers, but I can't use them I am too weak if I tried to I would surely die not that anyone would care really. All of a sudden I hear laughter coming from above. I know I'm not allowed out of my room, but I want to see what my family looks like when they are together when they are happy. I want to see what I am missing out on here. I slowly creep up the stairs to the door that all the laughter is coming from. With a shaky hand, I pull the door open just enough to peer inside. I wait for my eye to adjust to the brightly lit room. As I focus I see Yuki and Kaname sitting side by side looking at a book. Kaname is laughing and Yuki has her eyes wide as she points at the page and asks him about it. Mother and father are staring at them with a smile on their face. In my mothers' eyes, you can see how much love and adoration she has for them. Those are the eyes I long for, but when she looks at me all there is left is anger. I look at fathers' eyes and he looks proud. He is never proud of me. Just because my eyes are different. All of a sudden I hear Mother speak with a loud voice because of the laughter. "Kaname you love Yuki, right?" She asks. He pulls her closer to him and says "With all my heart." " And of course Yuki loves Kaname." Juri laughs out."Then it is settled Kaname you will marry Yuki!" Haruka cheers. They all celebrate the idea while I sit and stare at them. I gasped when I heard Kaname accept the proposal, I won't lie I had feelings for Kaname and always wanted to be with him. I accidentally whimpered out loud. I heard Juri turn in her chair to look at the door. I ran as fast as I could back to the basement and cried on my bed. I knew I had to leave. I saw how happy they were without me I don't want to ruin that. I crept back up the stairs to Yuki's room grabbed a jacket and gloves. I went back down the stairs and wrote a letter explaining why I left even though they won't care.

" Dear Kuran Family,

I'm sorry for all the anger and disgust I have created in your life. I have seen how happy you are without me and I do not want to be a burden on you any longer. I hope you're happy and I wish you the absolute... worst. HAHAHA like I'll ever be sorry when you Kurans are worse than me by far. You are cruel and don't ever shed a tear for me when you realize what you have done. You have beaten me bloody and never loved me. You all are nothing to me. Have a well deserved life. Oh and congrats on the marriage and thanks for the jacket and gloves big sis.

- Never was a Kuran, Mizuni"

I folded the letter and put it on my bed. I walked to the window and smiled. I hung my feet out and jumped. White snow fell all over me. I smiled so wide. I started running forward away from the mansion. Away from my problems. Away from the Kurans. I kept running for hours till I felt tired. I sat against a tree and started counting to ten trying to catch my breath. As my eyes were closed I felt a strong hand grab me by the neck and started crushing me. The hand belonged to a man with glowing red eyes I knew what kind of vampire he was a level e. For a four-year-old, I am very advanced. I didn't struggle against him. I just watched him. He tilted my head away from him exposing my neck. He licked, but his fangs never came. I opened my eyes and saw a hand going through the level e. The man turned to dust and I collapsed on the floor. I looked up to see who would save a monster like me. I saw a tall man with golden eyes and white hair. My vision started to get blurry when he picked me up I muttered a thank you in his ear then blacked out.