Chapter 3

There was, in fact, an underground tunnel of some sort but it was pitch black down there and probably full of the undead.

"There could be walkers down there." Glenn said as though he were reading my mind.

"Walkers? Is that what you call them?" I asked, pulling a flashlight out of my back pack.

"Yeah, what do you call them?" He asked, genuinely interested.

I shrugged and pointed the beam down into the tunnel but couldn't see anything, "I just refer to them as the dead." I sighed, "It's too dangerous, we don't even know what's down there or if there's even and exit way at all."

"I can go down there, I'm pretty fast." Glenn said, beginning to take his back pack off.

"No." I growled, "It's too dangerous. We'll find another way."

We walked back up to the roof where everyone was. They looked to us, hope in their eyes. Rick already knew from the looks on our faces.

"It's too dangerous." I announced, stepping towards the edge and looking over, almost bent all the way over the short wall, "We're going to have to find another way." Just then Rick spotted a truck, a U-Haul of sorts sitting a few feet away from a back door to the building.

"We can use it, if we can distract them enough to back it to the door." He said, already forming a plan in his head.

"How do we distract them?" I asked, searching my head for possible ideas.

"First, I need my bag that I left down there." Rick said, pointing to the abandon bag on the street, surrounded by walkers.

Somehow, in some way, Rick convinced most of us that spreading blood and guts all over ourselves and walking out into the herd of walkers was a good idea. Unfortunately, along the way, it started to rain, causing the blood and guts to wash onto the ground. Glenn and I dashed to an alley way before the walkers could us as Rick ran to his own alley. HE was surrounded by walkers. I ran to help him as Glenn ran the opposite way, saying he had an idea.

I slashed through walker after walker making my way to Rick. Together, we made our way to the abandoned truck. In the distance, as Rick started to back the truck up, we could hear a car alarm. I smiled to myself. Glenn, you clever human being. Waiting for us the group hurriedly piled into the truck. Glenn whizzed past us in a red Chevrolet hooting and hollering.

"Where's Dixon?" I hear Andrea ask as everyone made it in. T Dogg's head slumped and he was quiet.

"I dropped the damn key to his cuffs." He admitted, tears in his eyes. My heart sank, as much as I hated the hick, I felt bad for leaving him behind.

"Daryl's going to be pissed." Andrea murmured as Rick began driving away from the building. I raised my brows at her, "His brother." She clarified, patting T Dogg on the shoulder.

After what seemed like hours, the truck finally stopped, but the car alarm didn't. I rolled my eyes, "That kid's going to attract walkers." I moaned, pulling open the door and stepping out. As I walk around to the front of the truck I see Rick running towards a woman and a young boy. His family, I thought to myself as fell to the ground together.

Glenn came up beside me, seemingly after he turned off that alarm. "Thanks for your help back there." He thanked me, patting my shoulder. I froze at the touch but forced myself to relax.

"No problem kid." I said, watching the family reunion. It seemed as the though the man who was 'in charge' of the group knew Rick as well, probably a fellow officer. I awkwardly hung back as everyone reunited with their families. Except for Glenn who finally pulled me along to greet an old man standing next to an R.V.