Kick back

Bree couldn't sleep. Everytime she closed her eyes she saw Thorn's shift.
She felt angry and betrayed by Blade. How could he keep such a big secret from her, specially when it would have such a big impact on Harry and Elijah.
She had already accepted that he didn't love her long ago, she just hadn't been ready to let go. Until the night at the Armstrong property. It was one thing to suspect your husband of cheating, it was another to see his cum coating another womans thighs. Laughing and kissing her, he hadn't even noticed Bree at first. The fight had confirmed everything. He only stuck around because of the boys. What a joke! The old guy next door was more of a father to them then he was.

After he left, no doubt going back to his skank, she did the only thing she could. She called her family. Her parents were grey nomads, they had sold her childhood home and bought a new one with wheels. They were currently somewhere in South Australia. Her cousin had offered her a place to stay up in Queensland. If nothing else just to get away and clear her head.

And now here she was. Somewhere between Melbourne and Sydney. On a big property, surrounded by werewolves who had given her more of a sense of family and acceptance then she had felt since childhood.

She should have felt scared. She didn't. She should have freaked out to wake up wrapped in Thorn's arms. But she had felt safe and secure. And maybe a little aroused.

Fuck! Don't even go there. She thought. Suddenly filled with restless energy, she tossed the blankets away and got out of bed. Quickly getting dressed she wondered if there was a pub near by. Getting drunk seemed like a fabulous idea right now.

She stalked downstairs with her car keys and purse intending on finding some where to do exactly that!

"Hey" Annie called from a lounge where she and Mick had obviously been watching a movie. "You planning on going somewhere?" She asked, noticing Bree's keys.

"I am hoping to find somewhere and get stupidly drunk" Bree replied

"No need to leave hunny, we got everything you need right here. What's your poison?" Mick asked opening a cabinet in the corner with a flourish.

"Do you know any good shots?"

************************************

"Mumma, mumma" Elijah's only warning before jumping on his sleeping mother.
"Eli!" She groaned, wrapping her arms around him.
"Wake up, I miss you" he demanded before showering her face in kisses.
"I missed you too baby boy. Where is your brother?"
"I am here mum. Why did you sleep on the couch?" Harry replied standing right next to her.
She Slowly cracked her eyes open against the blinding light.
"Hey little man. I.. ah.. I was talking to Annie last night and must of fallen asleep. Did you have fun with your grandma?".

Bree half listened to the boys answer as she slowly sat up. She was relieved to see that either Annie or Mick had cleaned up and the only evidence of her bender seemed to be her pounding head and the foul taste in her mouth.

"Hey guys Grandma is waiting for you in the kitchen, you promised to help make breakfast." Thorn called walking into the room.

"Go help Grandma so I can have a shower" she encouraged the boys.

"Here I thought you might need this" Thorn said as he passed her a bottle of powerade.

"Thank you she gratefully accepted and quickly downed half the bottle.

"Let me know if you need help in the shower" he said with a grin and a wink before following the boys outside of the room.

Was he flirting or joking she wondered to herself as she headed to the bathroom.

Twenty minutes later, freshly showered and changed, she followed the delicious scent of bacon into the kitchen.

"Come sit down" Thorn said pulling out the chair between him and Harry.

"Wow this smells amazing" she said to Mary who was busy behind the bench divider.

"The boys helped me with most of it" Mary replied bring her toast with wilted spinach, grilled tomato topped with poached eggs.
"Make sure you eat it all, your body needs it after last night" Mary instructed Bree with a grin.

"Did I do something embarrasing last night?" Bree asked Thorn quietly.

"Before or after you gave me a lap Dance infront of most of the pack?" He whispered back with an evil grin.

"Please tell me your joking" Bree begged turning bright red.

"I am joking, but kind of turned on that you weren't sure" he whispered in her ear. Bree's blush deepened further and she sunk down in her chair.

"Stop teasing the poor girl and let her finish her breakfast" Mary scolded as she sat down at the table with her own breakfast.

"Our sense of hearing and smell are stronger then a normal human" Mary informed a shocked Bree. "There's very few secrets in a pack".

Bree looked guiltily at her sons.
"Don't worry it doesn't develop to puberty" Mary assured her.

Thorn cleaned up the boys hands and faces with a washer. " I am going to take the boys outside with the guys" he said. "We'll be back in time lunch".
He picked up Elijah and held Harrys hand as he walked out the door.

"He was born to be a father" Mary remarked watching her son with pride.

"Its amazing that two men who look so much alike can be so different in personality" Bree replied softly.

"They were always two very different people right from little pups."

"I am sorry Mary. I don't mean to speak badly about Blade to you" Bree sighed.

"Its okay Bree. I will always love both my sons. But I am well aware of Blades short comings. He hurt both me and his father deeply when he left, let alone Thorn. I know this is new you to sweetheart but twin Alphas are supposed to rule the pack side by side. Blade chose to walk away."

"He seems to have a have a habit of that" Bree replied.

"Bree I think you need to know. Blade contacted us to help find you. We haven't told him your here yet. But your going to have to make some decisions."

"Oh" Bree replied. "I see" feeling like a fool. "If you don't mind I am going to lay down". Bree rushed out of the room, not wanting Mary to see her tears.