Welcome

Reluctantly Thorn left the bed. Bree had slipped into an exhausted sleep. As he made his way to his office he was congratulated by a few of the pack mates who were in the communal spaces.

He found Mick working steadily away on a lap top in his office while the boys played with toys at his feet.

Congratulations Alpha Mick sent through their private link with a smirk on his face. I guess your going to be their daddy after all.

Don't say a word Thorn sent back. The next few days are going to be confusing enough for them with my brother coming here.

Are you sure it's a good idea Alpha? Two Alphas on one territory?

Make no mistake. My brother lost his Alpha status when he went rogue. I don't know why Armstrong let him join his pack, but something doesn't feel right to me.

With that thought, Thorn decided to go consult his mother. "Come on boys, let's go find Grandma" he said picking up Elijah and Harry.

They found her harvesting from the vegetable gardens. Setting up the boys to pick some peas, they walked a little further down the row.

"What on your mind son?" Mary inquired

"Why would Alpha Armstrong allow a rival Alpha into his pack? Even knowing Bree was a potential wolf mate, it doesn't make sense".

"Eddie Armstrong has always been a manipulative wolf, as were his father and grandfather. I heard rumour that when they arrived here they had every intention of ruling the new Australian council. I would speak to your Uncle if I were you. He knows much more about it then I do".

"I'll go call him now. Are you right to keep the boys with you?"

"I'll take them in and start preparations for the welcome party, thats if you didn't exhaust the poor girl?" She teased with a grin.

"Ma!" He exclaimed with embarrassment and stalked back to his office.

"Hi Uncle Andrew, do you have time to talk?" He asked his mother's brother, and Alpha of her birth pack"

"Thorn! It's a pleasure to hear from you. Your mother mentioned I might be getting a call to announce your new Luna. I take it congratulations are in order".

"Thank you Uncle, but thats not why I called. How much do you know about the Armstrong pack?" Thorn asked

"Quite a bit, the Alpha Council has kept a close eye on them. Why do you ask?"

Thorn told his Uncle everything he had learned and his doubts. As a young Alpha Thorn had relied on the mentoring from his Uncle".

"Where is your brother now?" His Uncle asked.

"I am bringing him in tonight. He has been at the garage but I don't trust him to stay there til I sort this out."

"I suggest you confine him for the time being, I know he is your brother but I'd hesitate to trust any Armstrong pack member. With your permission I'd like to head over there"

"Ofcourse Uncle."

They made some arrangements and ended the call.

"I gather there is more to this then Bree and the boys?" Mick commented

"It would seem so. The Armstrong pack migrated from the states, do you have any contacts that might know anything?"

"I'll give my old Alpha a call".

************************************

Bree woke up and snuck down the hall to the bathroom. She was grateful to have a clear path.

After a quick shower and change she knew she couldn't avoid everyone any longer and went in search of the boys.

She heard their voices as she neared the kitchen doors. Pausing for a moment to gather courage, she walked into the kitchen.

"Congratulations Luna" Annie and Shelly greeted her with hugs and grins. "We are so happy for you!"

"Ahhh thanks?" Bree responded confused, looking at Mary for explanation.

"Congratulations hunny, I look forward to handing my duties over to you" Mary said "As Thorn's mate you are Luna to his Alpha"

"Oh okay" Bree responded in shock. She picked up Elijah and cuddled into him tightly. Then gathered Harry to her side with her free arm. "Did you boys have a good day?". Focusing on her sons calmed and centred her, as Harry told her about his day and Elijah babbled with a mix of words and baby talk.

"The whole pack is eating together tonight" Mary informed her. "It will give you a chance to meet everyone you missed. It's a welcome party for you and the boys. Why don't you go get into something nice. I'll come help you with the boys in a minute."

Feeling grateful for the reprieve, Bree took the boys upstairs and ran them a quick bath. She was just getting them out and wrapping them in towels when Mary joined her.

"I feel like I have barely spent anytime with them at all" Bree lamented, wracked with mother's guilt",

"Don't be silly. From the sounds of it you haven't had alot of support til now." Mary assured her. "Your part of a pack now, we all help in the care of the children. They are our future".

Bree was distracted by wrestling Elijah into a nappy and some nice clothes, while Mary helped Harry get dressed.

Settling the boys infront of a portable DVD player, Bree turned to Mary "I don't think I can do tonight" she said in a rush "I mean what are they going to think of me! I just slept with my ex his bands twin only days after breaking up with him. I don't know what to think of me right now! I've spent the last four years in a daze of babies, toddlers and trying to hold my marriage together and now I am surrounded by werewolves and I feel like a Slut. He'll I don't even like me right now!" She finished dissolving into tears.

"Oh sweetheart" Mary crooned pulling Bree into a motherly hug. "No one thinks badly of you. We are all overjoyed that Thorn found his soul mate. Almost everyone has spent time with your boys and we love them. We all know it was mainly you who has raised them to be such sweet little guys."

"Bree look at me" said Annie who had quietly slipped in the room. "You are a good person. I knew it minutes after meeting you. Everyone is going to love you. Trust me, anyone who can see someone shift for the first time and not run away screaming like Shelly did is going to fit in fine".

"Hey!" Said Shelly from the door way. "That's not fair. I was super drunk". causing Bree to laugh.

"I wasn't sure if you had anything to wear and we are about the same size, so I thought you might like this" Shelly said holding out white floral strapless dress. "I think it'll look great on you. "I also brought make up" she added with a grin.

An hour later Thorn came to collect her. "I'll take the boys down" said Shelly, quickly exiting with Harry and Elijah.

"You look beautiful" Thorn said with reverence, pulling her into his arms.
"Now come meet your pack".

Hand in hand they walked out of the house, through the glass doors out of the loungeroom. The large open clearing had been transformed. At the base of the veranda stairs stood the head table facing rows of trestle tables filled by men, women and children happy and laughing.

Mary met them at the top of the stairs holding both boys in her arms. At this sight the assembly drew quiet.

"100 years ago a group of wolves left Europe. My great grandfather, the first Alpha Brennan bought this land and tamed it. He dreamed of future free from the territory wars and rival pack wars he had left. He dreamed of a healthy and prosperous future for his pack. A dream which we all work towards. Tonight we gather to celebrate and welcome the future. I present to you, Your Luna Bree and my sons Harry and Elijah".

Thorn's announcement was met with applause and cheering. Then Mick stood up threw his head back and howled, followed by the all the adults in the back.

Thorn lead Bree down the stairs, "Welcome to the pack my love".