// Chapter 2 //

The cabin was close to the beach and so it only took them a couple of minutes to reach there. Jimin hadn’t really thought of it earlier but he should’ve brought his money with him when he came because oh my Lord it’s so hot and that lemon popsicle looks so good

He didn’t know he was drooling till a laughing Yoongi sat down beside Jimin on the blanket. “ You want some?”, Yoongi asks with that gummy smile of his, Jimin smiled back and nodded sheepishly.

“Get me the lemon one!”, He shouts as Yoongi walked towards the cart and he lays back on the blanket.

He was what you’d call sun-tanning while the rest ( other than Yoongi who’s at the ice cream cart) was either taking pictures, swimming or surfing. Well, Jungkook was the only one surfing (he was the only one who could anyways) and Jimin’s not gonna lie, he’s good.

He glides through the blue waves with his red surfboard smoothly as he anchors his arms ( which Jimin is so not staring at ) to maintain balance. He even did a few tricks and earned a few whistles from Hoseok who was taking pictures of his girlfriend.

He tried not to stare at the maknae so much, but what can he do?  Jungkook was just captivating .

And if it wasn't so obvious already, yes, Park Jimin was and still is a little bit ( a lot) smitten over the younger boy.

Not that he’d tell anyways, he wouldn’t dare talk to the latter about anything but the silly arguments the latter brings up. He knows Jungkook hates him, and somewhere in the pit of his wishful thinking, he’d hoped and thought that maybe Jungkook didn’t.

But the daggers of glare he gives and the continuous bickers of something between “You’re annoying” and “Stay away from me”, Jimin knew that he had no chance.

And yeah, it hurts when he’s like that but no, he’s mature enough to not get too upset over it (at least he tries). His chest ached at the thought of how Jungkook didn’t want him here,oh scratch that, he didn’t want him. Period.

His bullet train of thoughts had set a frown on his face without him realising till Jin called out, “ Jimin-ah!”, he smiled a sad smile (why is he always there at his worst moments) and walked towards the boy who was lying down.

Jimin sat up and smiled widely at his hyung, trying to pass it off as him being happy ( lying down alone, thinking about his unrequited love that is) “Why aren’t you swimming with us?” , he asks. Jimin gulped at that question, as much as he loved summer and fresh drinks and sun-tanning, water was not his forte.

Did he forget to mention that he can’t swim? ( Yes, yes he did, and he might as well do that intentionally because no way in hell are they knowing that Jimin can’t swim)

“Nah, didn’t feel like it” Jimin says instead. “Mm well.. come on! We’re going to play volleyball now!” , Jin says. The rest of them came over, with Jungkook briskly wiping his hair with the towel.

“He’s gonna play too?” Jungkook asks annoyingly. Jin only rolls his eyes and pulls Jimin up. Of course he doesn’t want you to play,Jimin , he thought.

“Oh no it’s okay ! I’m just gonna stay here and-”, he says but Namjoon interrupts him. “No, Jimin, as much as its our summer camp, so is it yours and I’m pretty sure you’ve been sun-tanning for a long time now so just play with us come on~”, he whines. “Plus we need equal number of people in each group!” , Taehyung adds. “What are we talking about here?” , Yoongi finally arrives with two popsicles in his hands.