// Chapter 4 //

Jungkook walked away, as always. Every time the boy was faced with any problems, he'd face the other way and go as far from the problem as he could. But given the circumstances and the confusion the boy was feeling, could you blame him?

Yes, yes you could, and that's exactly what the boy did,

He blamed himself because frankly, it was all him.

And he knows that he should fix things and just stop running away but God, all he wanted to do now was to get out of this place as fast as he could. He didn't want the others to see this side of him.

The insecure, terrified side of him.

"Jungkook-ah!, Jimin calls out but he only walks faster.

Do you have to hurt everyone around you, Jungkook?! , he thinks.

He vaguely hears Jimin say something along the line "Why'd you do that?" to Yoongi as he strides his way to Jungkook.

-

He almost reaches the cabin but Jimin yells this time, "Yah!! Jeon Jungkook!".

Jungkook stops in his tracks but doesn't turn around. Jimin pulls him by the arms so that he was now facing the latter.

"What?", Jungkook says, a little bit too coldly than intended.

He always does things more and worse than intended.

Jimin purses his lips and scowls.

Something was up with this boy for sure.

"What was that about?", he asks, slowly eyeing the boy whose eyes were redder than usual.

"I-",Jungkook says but stops himself from continuing, before saying something stupid. He looked at the shorter boy, hoping he'd get the message,

why are you still coming after me after all I put you through?

why does it look like you're worried?

please don't look at me like that...

-

"Walk with me", Jimin says as he walks ahead.

Jungkook only follows quietly, not knowing what else to do.

Jungkook sees Jimin let out a deep breath. He holds his own when the boy started speaking.

"I know what you're thinking", Jimin says, "And I know that.. you might hate my guts and all but ...I just want to know ..why?"

He stops in his track to turn to Jungkook, his expression way too forlorn and so unlike the epitome of Jimin himself.

You got it all wrong Jimin-ah.

"Why is it that you feel annoyed at everything I do? Why is it that despite how many fucking times I try , you always push me away?", he asks, his voice rising with every passing words.

You got it all so wrong yet so so fucking right.

He sounded angry when he spoke, but he looked miserable.

And maybe he was a little bit of both.

It wasn't a daily thing for Jimin to be upset or mad, at least he wouldn't be showing his anger.

But Good lord, how could he not get angry? It was always like this and Jimin was tired.

He tried and he tried to get the younger to like him, to somehow make Jungkook stop despising him so fucking much, but it always ended with Jungkook rejecting him.