Chapter 1 ➸ Tale as old as time

11 years ago

"Lalisa Manoban! Go home now or else!" Lisa jumped in shock as she heard her mother calling for her from the porch of their house. Lisa and Jennie were both playing barbie dolls and doing their coloring books the whole day until 6 o' clock in the evening. Jennie's parents along with her little brother are away for a business trip for about three days, leaving Jennie and the maid alone in their house. "Jennie how do I get this off!?" Lisa scolded Jennie as she was trying to get rid of the ink all over her face. "I don't know Lisa.."

"Oh my god both of you what did you do?"  The maid was in shock looking at both the girls' faces full of colorful inks. They both have crown drawings on their foreheads and random cartoons on their arms and legs. "Come both of  you, to the bathroom now." Both Jennie and Lisa chuckled as they walked towards the bathroom holding hands.

*Ding Dong*

The doorbell rang thrice that made the maid panic at the thought that Jennie's parents are already home. When she opened the main door, she saw a young teenage boy who has the same smile and charm like Lisa has. "Hello, I'm here to get Lisa." The boy said softly as he saw the maid. "Oh sure but there's a little problem.. uhhh come in for a bit." The young boy nodded and followed the maid towards the house. At first, she was hesitant to let Lisa go home with the mess all around her body but it's almost late so she decided to let her go. She went to the bathroom to get the little girl, "Lisa someone's here to take you home." Lisa pouted and gave Jennie her sad eyes. "I don't want to go home yet." She held Jennie's little hand tighter. "Come on, lil' sis. Don't you want to watch movies with me?" The young teenage boy's voice was heard from the living room. Her eyes quickly widened. "Oppa?" She ran towards the living room and saw her big brother with his arms wide open. "I missed you Lalisa! You're so big now look at yo- oh my what happened to your face." He asked as she squished Lisa's cheeks softly. "Jennie and I were playing colors.." The younger girl answered honestly with a worried expression on her face.

The maid was smiling while looking at the adorable siblings having a little reunion, while Jennie's face expressed jealousy towards them.

"Don't worry just hide behind my back so mom can't see you and I'll help you wash when we get home okay?" Her brother tried to calm her. "Okay." She smiled cheekily holding the ends of her brother's shirt. "Good bye Jennie! Good bye aunt Karla!" She said as they were walking towards the door. "Lisa, wait! Let's play again tomorrow!" Jennie shouted, but it was too late for Lisa to hear. Little Jennie already missed her little Lisa.

She felt sad for the whole night.

The next day

"Jennie?" Lisa small voice called from the other side of the street. Jennie didn't reply and kept herself busy playing with her dolls at their porch. "Jennie let's play! I brought you a crown." Jennie stared at Lisa for a couple seconds then finally spoke. "You found a new friend, you left me yesterday." Lisa was confused.

"You will always be my friend Jen Jen I won't leave you ever."

"But you went home with a boy yesterday and watched movies with him. You left me." Jennie said lowering her voice.

"Oppa? He's my brother! he went back home from Thailand just to see me, he even gave me gifts. I brought two crowns that he gave me so we can be princesses." Lisa explained excitedly.