Nishinoya Yuu || One-Sided Love (Pt 2)

Idk I was begged to do a part 2 for this. I thought of not doing this but I'll get annoyed if I was pressured so I might as well.

I hope it's worth it; I fucking cried writing this. 

Btw, reader didn't exactly die. Her heart stopped for a moment and the brain system that failed was a false alarm. She's just in sleep coma.

"HAAAA?!" Nishinoya shouted, his voice echoed through the hospital halls. His eye twitched in annoyance. "You nurses are good for nothing, making a false alarm like that!" he simply accused, pointing at the nurse, who apparently was the one reporting you 'died'.

"This kind of mistake happens all the time, Nishinoya-san. We are very sorry." The head doctor calmed him down.

But he ignored him. "Well?! Is she okay or not?! Next thing I know, I'll hear her waking up from the dead!" the poor boy was freaking out so whatever he said should be ignored.

The nurses glared and felt offended by Nishinoya's words but felt bad for reporting a false death. These things don't happen a lot but I guess they deserved being scolded.

"Nishinoya, you idiot-" Daichi smacked his head in anger. "You don't say that in hospitals! Kids are around!"

"They just want to kill off (f/n)-chan so they get paid. Stupid hospitals. Just give me her damn room number so I can see her, please." Nishinoya ordered and one of the junior nurses told him with shaky voice. His face softened as soon as he realized not all nurses are bad. "Just don't repeat the old nurses' mistakes, okay? Or I'll get mad at you too." The young nurse nodded, smiling a bit.

"(f/n)-san may or may not wake up so... whatever you need to do, do it." (f/n)'s doctor patted Noya's shoulder in pity and left, feeling hopeless that she can't help her patient.

Noya turned to Kiyoko, the manager has never looked so depressed before. The guys around her sensed her sadness and kept quiet for the first time. Even Tanaka kept his mouth shut. "Kiyoko-san-"

"I already said my goodbye when she slipped into coma," Kiyoko sniffed, tears welled up in her eyes. "The chances are low so... Nishinoya-kun, please go see her."

Gripping the gift bag in his hand, he turned and jogged to your private room. Once he's out of their sight, Nishinoya's beautiful brown eyes turned glossy.

He went into your room and almost lost his breath when he saw you with life support. You were so still and your skin had gone pale but your hair was still the same colour. Putting the gift bag on the table, he sat beside your bed. Slowly, his lips quiver from holding back tears.

"Why didn't you tell me, (f/n)-chan?" he started, slowly reaching for your unmoving hand. "I could've been there for you and support you. Kiyoko-san told me about what you said... oh god I'm so sorry, (f/n)-chan. I didn't mean to neglect you. I was hanging out with Kiyoko-san to ask her what are your likes and dislikes. What's your favourite sweets, what sports do you play and all that! I want to know you better but I guess there are other ways to do that..." at this part he was a sobbing mess. He extended his hand to grab the gift bag. "I even went to the DIY shop to custom-made the necklace I made for you. I-I thought you'd scold me for buying expensive stuff s-so... it's for you!" he smiled through his tears and put the necklace around you. God, it was beautiful. "You look so beautiful with it. I chose the right carving. Haaa...."

(just imagine (f/n) and Noya's name on it)

He watched your face and realizing you will never wake up, he inched closer to you and rested his forehead on yours, closing his eyes. "You will always be my favourite Shimizu, (f/n). No one can ever replace you but... if it hurts, (f/n)-chan, you can go. Just know that I-I... love y-you. You're a free bird now. Fly high. Watch over me and make sure I win every match. O-Okay?" he kissed your forehead and let his tears fall on you. "I'll see you again, my one and only. I miss you already." He went down to kiss your pale lips and finally broke down beside you as you took your last breath, leaving your body with nothing but just memories.

Nishinoya walked back to the group and they stood up at his arrival. It was silence at first until Noya's eyes water again. He shook his head, a message to say you were already gone. Tanaka was the first to hug his 'brother' and the smaller boy sobbed in his chest. He started crying as well, hiding his face in Noya's neck. The other boys shed tears as well, Tsukishima pursed his lips in sadness. Kiyoko's knees gave out and she broke down. The 3 third-years held her in their embrace, supporting and comforting her.

"S-She's gone, Ryu." Noya quietly said, tightening his grip around Tanaka.

"I'm so sorry, Noya-san." Was all Tanaka could say before it went silent.

Extra Scene:

It was an hour after the funeral and the family-friends were just talking silently. (f/n)'s classmates and teachers were there too. The volleyball club were sitting in 2 tables, each just staring at their food and didn't utter a word. Kiyoko ran back to the house and cried again in (f/n)'s bed, holding onto her photo frame.

Noya, on the other hand, was at his late girlfriend's gravestone. Tracing her gravestone, he sighed. Just 2 weeks ago, they had fun eating at a café. (f/n) ordered 3 dishes because she was hungry from club and Noya has fallen harder for her. Now, she's 6 feet underground. Only in their second-year and his first love was taken away. He can never look at other girls like how he looked at her. She was the perfect package, a whole of them that he wanted for his love life.

He untie his tie and holding the necklace, the same one as hers but in silver colour. He brought it to his lips and kissed it, wishing to see her soon. He looked back at the gravestone one more time before turning away.

"I'll see you again soon, (f/n)." he smiled through his tears, looking up the sky that was once bright, now becoming dull.