Chapter One

Jada In MM.

*Jada's POV*

Today was the slowest i've seen the hospital in atleast one year. It was now 4:30 and my last patient left at 2:00pm. My shift ended at 5:00 and after i would be heading to pick up my sister. Today she started her new job at Victoria Secret at Lenox Square.

I sat at my desk for the next fifteen minutes chewing on a pen cover watching the clock. Finally, it was time to leave. I grabbed my belongings and made my way out of the hospital to my car not before making sure to clock out and tell my co-workers goodbye. When I got to my car, I plugged my phone to my aux cord and pulled off unto the street, blasting "In my coupe" by Rich The Kid.

Thirty minutes later, I pulled up to Lenox Square, shooting Mikaela a text that I was waiting. A few moments later I saw her walking towards the car. She got in, kissed my cheek and strapped her seatbelt. "Hey sis how was your first day?" I beamed eager to know. "it was great actually, and in there smells sooo good" She replied as I got back unto the highway.

On our way, we stopped to get something to eat from Popeye's, then headed home. We arrived home at least 7pm. I unlocked the front door and walked in only to find the house in total darkness. "MOM!" Mikaela shouted coming up behind me. No answer. That was strange, our mother is always home. We made our way upstairs, searching in all rooms. We called her phone, no answer. I continued calling her phone finally giving up after a few minutes. A few moments later, I heard a loud pitch scream coming from the basement. I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and made my way to the basement. My heart was racing. "Jada! Jada!, Come quick!!!" I heard Mikaela shout. I practically ran down the steps only to find Jada trying to untie my almost unconscious mother from a chair. I ran to the two and peeled the tape from her mouth and untied the rope from around her legs. " Gir-Girl-Girls" my mother stuttered trying to reach for me. We helped her stand attempting to bring her upstairs to question her. When she stood, a note fell from her lap. It read " Jada & Mikela, I suggest you two leave the state before your mother's problems become yours" I read the note again aloud, trying to figure out what type of problems my mother could possibly have. " Problem what are they talking about mom?" Mikaela asked her dropping her arm, causing my mother and I to stumble. "Hold her Mikaela, we will settle this after" I scolded her.

We finally got upstairs and laid her on the chair. I got her some water while Mikaela got her medication to clean up the bruises on her body. I was confused and furious. "What problems are they talking about mom?" I asked her watching her deep in her eyes. " Um girls, I'm in a little trouble with a man I owe. But don't worr-" " How much do you owe?" I asked cutting her off. "Forty grand but I ca-" " HOW THE FUCK DO YOU OWE SOMEONE FORTY GRAND!?" Mikaela shouted annoyance showing all over her face. " Th-the man borrowed me some drugs" When I heard that, I felt my whole world come crashing down. I couldn't stand to watch her.

*MIKAELA's POV*

"DRUGS?" I shouted making her flinch. Right now I didn't care who heard me, I was ANGRY. Why would you borrow forty thousand dollars worth of drugs, let alone WHY WOULD YOU BE TAKING DRUGS? "I'm sorry girls, I'm really sorry. Please forgive me " My mother pleaded with tears running down her cheeks. "SORRY ? YOU'RE SORRY HUH? " Jada shouted at her. I looked up surprised. Jada never shouts. " Well I'm sorry mother but Mikaela and I won't be staying in your mess, we will be out by the morning!" Jada told her showing pure disgust in her face. My mother, or Berthy as I should now call her cried louder trying to touch us. "DONT" I pulled my self ,walking away from her.