Chapter Four

*Jada's POV*

Two days have passed and its now time to meet up with Courtney's brother, the real estate agent. I slipped on a pair of distressed white jeans, a denim off the shoulder top and my blue huaraches and I was ready to go. " Kay, I'm ready!" I shouted, grabbing my backpack.

"I'm coming !" She yelled back. I made sure to take the keys for the car I rented yesterday along with the hotel keys and made my way out of the suite. "Jada wait!!" I heard Mikaela shout. This was an everyday thing. Mikaela would start getting ready first and I would still be the one waiting. Finally, she caught up to me and we entered the elevator together. " You're a lucky girl, I would've left you foreal." She stale faced me and walked out of the elevator as the doors opened.

We got in the car and I pulled off unto the street. " Kay, can you call the contact name Kevin please?" I asked her as I passed her my phone. She did as told and placed the phone by my ear. Kevin gave me directions as to where I would be meeting him, so I placed it into the GPS and in no time we pulled up in a secluded neighbourhood. I parked outside the first house and got out of the car. " I'm not feeling this place" Mikaela read my mind. " Same " I mumbled and walked up the driveway and rang the doorbell.

A few moments later, a gorgeous, dark man with a full beard answered the door with a welcoming smile. " You must be Jada?" he said extending his hand for a handshake.

" Yes and this is my sister, Mikaela" I answered returning the gesture. He invited us inside and closed the door. The house was really frightening. " To be honest Kevin, I don't want to waste your time. I'm really not feeling this house" I stated bluntly. He chuckled.

" I figured but nothing  beats a try. The next house is in a neighbourhood about fifteen minutes away. Y'all can follow me or ride with me."

" We will follow you " I said quickly, getting in my car. He nodded and walked to his car. A few moments later he pulled off and I followed. Exactly fifteen minutes later, we pulled up to a gated community. Kevin entered a code and the gates opened allowing us to pass through. We drove a little more until Kevin entered the driveway of a beautiful house. " Now that's what i'm talking about!" I squealed.

Mikaela and I quickly got out of the car and practically ran towards Kevin. Excited was an understatement. " So ladies.. This is the second house. It consists of four bedrooms and five bathrooms. There is a garage to the outside which accommodates two cars. Also, there is a pool in the backyard with a mini Jacuzzi to the side." Kevin explained giving us a tour of the house. We were in awe. From the bathrooms to the bedrooms to the kitchen was just perfect for us. " So how much is it?" I finally asked already knowing it would cost a pretty penny.

"$205,000 furnished and $175,000 unfurnished" He answered. " I'll give you two privacy to decide" He told us before walking out.

" So what do you think Kay?"

" I love it Jada, I do. But $205,000?"

" I think its a good price to be honest. Remember my name was on all Dad's bank accounts before he passed so I believe we can afford it" I answered hoping she would agree.

Our father owned a few hotels in Atlanta. Before he passed away from cancer, he sold them and he left all is money to Mikaela and I after he divorced our mother. So our bank accounts were pretty bulky.

"Kevin?" I called out while Mikaela and I searched for him around the house.
"I'm in the back!" He shouted. We made our way to the backyard to let him know that we're interested.
"It's a bit pricy but it's perfect for us. We will take it"
Kevin gave a wide smile before heading to get the papers from his car.
We made sure to sign every document before he handed us the keys.
We then said our final goodbyes to Kevin.
"Bitccccccccccccch!" Mikaela squealed as soon as Kevin got in his car. Excited was an understatement.
Finally, we are ready for new beginnings.