Chapter Two

Mikaela ( Me-kay-luh) in mm.

Jada's POV

It was now 11pm and I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling with tears rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't begin to understand how my life turned for the worst in a couple of hours. I tried to sniff quietly to keep Mikaela from waking up but it was to no avail. She began to stir in her sleep until her eyes opened. "Jada I swear to god if you out here crying I will whoop you"

" Bitch shut up you can't whoop nobody"

" Nah but foreal Jada, stop all that crying, life goes on. Right now we need to figure out what will we do from here." She said sounding like somebody mama. I laughed and hopped off the bed, going to the bathroom to wash my face. When I came back to the room, Mikaela was knocked out once again. "Kaela wake up. We need to think of a plan for tomorrow!!" I whisper yelled.

"Urgh Jada, Let a black girl sleep!" She answered sitting up, resting her back on the headboard.

I grabbed my laptop and signed in to TrueBlue to book two flights. I had no idea where we would go but we had to leave and soon too. "Jada I was thinking, we should go to L.A or something" Mikaela suggested.

"Oh, I was thinking Miami. Its cooler out there and there are cheaper hotels." I answered.

"Oh yeah we can do that. But your car.. what will you do with it?"

I shrugged. " I'll get aunty to sell it and send the money to me. Also, i'll go to the hospital tomorrow morning to ask for a transfer to a hospital in Miami."

" Truth, well I know i'll have to find a new job. But that's okay. I'm going to my room to pack my things." I nodded and went back to booking the flights. I got a flight for 4pm tomorrow August 3rd, It was perfect. We had enough time to get ourselves in order. After I was done booking the flights, I grabbed two suitcases from my closet and began packing my clothes. I couldn't take everything, so I took the best. I grabbed all my sneakers, heels and flats and shoved them in my suitcase. I made sure to take my work scrubs and materials, my makeup and accessories. When I was done packing it was at least 3am. I went to Mikaela's room to check on her. Her suitcases were packed and she was asleep on the floor. I laid next to her and dozed off into a deep slumber.

_________________________________________________________________________

*Mikaela's POV*

I heard my alarm going off alerting me that it was 11am. I tried to ignore it but I couldn't. "Urggggggh" I opened my eyes, realising I was on the floor next to Jada. " What time did she get here?" I thought to myself. I got off the floor and headed to the bathroom to do my hygiene. When I got back, Jada was gone. I went to her room and heard the shower running. I laid on her bed and waited for her to get out. After a few minutes she came out with a towel around her body. " Heyyyyy sisssss" I shouted, grinning.

" Why are you in such a good mood Mikaela?" She eyed me.

"Because today we get to have a fresh start. Aren't you somewhat excited?" I beamed.

" Well I guess, but we don't know if things are going to work out for us Kael-"

"Hey, Positive Mind, Positive Life!" I interrupted her. Although I was still angry about my mother's situation, I was still eager to move to a different state. I've been thinking about it for a little while now and I'm glad I get to go with my favourite person in the world.

"What got you in deep thought like this mami?" Jada interrupted my thinking.

"Nothing just the fact that I get to start over with my fav" I grinned. She blew me a kiss and continued getting dressed. I made my way to my room to take a shower then got dressed. I slipped on a black leggings and a black and white shirt. I left my hair in its wet, curly state and did my everyday makeup routine. Finally, I placed a cap on my head and went back to Jada's room. She was dressed in a sundress because after all, it was still summer.

After we got dressed, we placed our suitcases near the door and went to find our mother. When we got to her room, it was empty. Meaning, all her belongings were gone. I sighed. " Why would she do this to us?" I heard Jada mumble. I shook my head and went back downstairs to leave. We packed our suitcases in Jada's car and Jada pulled off unto the street.

After grabbing something to eat for breakfast, Jada drove to the hospital to ask for a transfer. I waited for a few minutes until she came back. " I got it!!" She beamed as she got back in the car.

"Yay!!" I squealed.

Now we were ready for new beginnings.