Thorn #3

Koharu went to check up on the person who had come to her shop injured, bringing some flowers to wish them a speedy recovery. However, when she went to the room where they were being hospitalised, she saw that there was a commotion.

Peering in, a nurse noticed her and asked if she was here to visit the patient, in which she nodded to.

"I'm sorry, but...he's passed away from his injuries last night." The nurse said apologetically, a gloomy look in her dark eyes.

"Ah..." Koharu's lips parted and her eyes widened, feeling a form of sadness settle in when she saw them take out the body, all of it covered in a large blue sheet. As it passed, she put down the small bouquet of daffodils and irises onto the sheet, clasping her hands together as if in a silent prayer.

Rest in peace, mister. Koharu headed off back to her shop, but on the way there, she saw a large poster of the upcoming festival. It immediately brightened her mood, remembering that she'd be going with Shisui.

There'll even be fireworks! She beamed to herself. Her steps became skips as she continued, buying a meat bun on the way for breakfast.

It was still early, so her shop wasn't open. So when she saw someone outside of her shop, she leaned forward to see who it was, curiously letting out an 'ooh?' before heading to them.

"Hello! Are you okay there?" She asked with a bright smile.

It was small boy, no older than 7 or 8, looking into the shop. He had dark hair that was shaped like a duck's butt, and had side bangs that squared his face. He reminded her of someone.

"Ah!" The boy looked to her, surprised. He turned to her, "Are you the owner of this shop?"

Koharu nodded, crouching down to the boy's height. "Yup! The shop's not open yet, though. Did you want to get something? I can open the shop earlier for you." When she looked at the boy close up, she saw an uncanny resemblance to an Uchiha she knew.

He rummaged through his pocket to give something to her, handing her an envelope. "Shisui-san told me to give the owner of the shop this! Koharu-san, right?"

Hearing his name, Koharu nodded, taking the letter. She gently pet the top of his head, "Thank you! Um...Uchiha-kun?"

"It's Sasuke." The boy pushed her hand away from his head, with a small pout, cheeks slightly pink.

Aww...is he a tsundere? Koharu giggled.

"Okay. Thank you Sasuke-kun!"

"Hmph! It was nothing!" And he went off.

The adult stood up and went into her shop, sitting at the counter to take a look at the letter. When she opened it, she could almost smell the roses that Shisui always bought.

Koharu, I'll be on a mission until the day of festival. If it is fine with you, can you deliver two roses to my house each day? Thanks in advance; I've left the payment on the desk in my room.

Also, on the day of the festival, please meet me by the bridge where it's held at 6pm.

I'll be waiting.

The message was short but precise. It made her heart flutter at the last part.

It sounds like a real date, she stared at the letter and then smiled, putting it back into the envelope.

-----

"Hello, I'm Koharu from the flower shop." The female bowed to Shisui's mother, who had opened the door for her when she came to deliver the roses.