Thorn #9

Koharu was an actress. A very talented one.

When she was young, she trained to be a ninja with her father. Her father was a ronin, a very kind one at that. He preferred to live that way, wandering from place to place looking for mercenary work to support his small family, all the while helping Koharu do what she loved, which was to act.

She liked to star in little plays here and there, and often did portrayals of movies on the side to busk for money, which proved successful.

He was astonished that she was such a good actress even at such a young age, and he honed that skill, hoping that it would one day help her in the future.

One day, they were wandering an area that was close to a big village, resting and waiting for their mission objective to come.

A wealthy man had paid Koharu's father a very large sum to assassinate an important figure to Konoha. Of course, he accepted, but he was weary. Often, a large sum indicated that the task was difficult.

The only reason he accepted that money was because he needed more to support his wife that had just gotten pregnant, should anything happen to him.

When the time came for the important Konoha figure to come, Koharu's father sprang into action. He took out the ANBU that had accompanied the figure, but when he was about to take out the mission objective, he was struck from behind by an ANBU that was still alive.

At this time when he was down, the important figure—Danzo, had asked him for information on who sent him, but he wouldn't say a word, deciding to keep tight lipped about his clients.

Of course, that angered Danzo, until he saw a young girl come from the bushes, asking where her father was.

That was Koharu. She was shocked that her father was on the ground and there was someone restraining him. When asking for answers, they asked her instead, and she instantly feigned that she didn't know, even though she knew every detail already.

During this time, she thought, what would the consequence be?

Then, they pressured her further. With her strong will, she kept herself calm and level headed, making sure to not let them get what they wanted. It wasn't the first time that had happened, after all.

This ordeal lasted for a long time, until Danzo decided that he would bring them to Konoha and make them work for him in his secret ninja force.

At first, it was a request for Koharu's father, but that soon expanded to Koharu herself, where they trained her too. They couldn't say no to Danzo as he gave them good conditions to live in, and the overall sound of it was good. It was especially strange that he decided to do this after they tried to kill him, but Koharu's father thought that this man might actually be a good person, and thus trusted him.

It was around this time that Koharu's mother had Momoka. She was happy about the new baby and was very happy with the family, but only a few weeks later did her husband pass away in the line of duty.

Koharu's mother had become ill when she found out. She still took care of Momoka and did her utmost best, but her mental state was deteriorating. Koharu would have to force feed her if she knew that she wasn't eating as much.

At this time, Koharu was still honing her skills. She was a ninja that excelled in deception.

And that was the skill that led her to find out that Danzo was the one behind her father's death. She had eaves dropped on more than several of their conversations, each one ending with Danzo and her father's disagreement.

Of course, she kept it to herself. It wasn't something that could be talked about that lightly—her father was killed because Danzo had no use for him anymore. It was as simple as that. Danzo had found out information regarding who her father's client was that wanted Danzo dead, and he had made it so that it sounded as if her father was the one who had leaked the information, not Danzo. That gave him an excuse to kill him.