Extra

A black cloak adorned with red clouds fluttered in the wind when the figure approached Konoha. He wore a cone hat, with paper that hung around it to shield his face. He didn't come alone, but with a comrade that was the same organisation as he.

"I'm hungry," Kisame, his companion with blue skin and the same cloak, spoke, rubbing his stomach.

"We'll have something after." Itachi, now a few years older, picked up his stride as he walked to the makeshift graves that he made at the outskirts of his former village.

"Hm? Who are these people?" Kisame questioned his comrade, looking at the three graves.

Itachi stared at them. One was of Momoka, and the other two Shisui and Koharu. Of course, nobody but he knew that only Momoka's grave was the one that contained a body; the other two never did. It was just a wooden stick stuck in a little mound of dirt.

The Uchiha didn't respond to his blue skinned partner.

He only reminisced about the past, about the times he spent together with his best friend, and the girl who his best friend treasured.

He remembered when Shisui told him the story of Koharu and Sasuke, where his little brother, who was young at that time, had asked Koharu if she was going to marry Shisui. Itachi thought it was an amusing thing and wondered why Sasuke would ask. He was too embarrassed to answer so he never got one.

Even so, they would probably have ended up that way had they not both been born into such a horrible world of unrest and death.

If they were alive, Itachi wondered if they would be married by now, with kids on the way. It was a bittersweet thought, but one that was just a flicker of his imagination.

"Leaving so quickly?" Kisame followed after Itachi when the shorter went off, this time with a slower stride.

"You were hungry, weren't you?" Itachi slightly turned his head to look at the Mist ninja.

He just laughed and followed Itachi, "Lead the way!"

The prodigy Uchiha just walked forward onto the path he created for himself.

...maybe if fate was not so cruel.

A/N: for those who don't know, the ending is a mixture of the canon ending of Shisui's death + the endings from the games and the novel. That's why it differs a little bit from each of them. I simplified it down or else it would have gotten too long.