Chapter 4

I'm like 10 minutes late for dinner. In my family, that's like a crime. My dad doesn't get super worked up, it's mom who goes ballistic. I get the whole lecture of "Dinner is a very important time of day. We as family have the chance to be together and blah blah blah." Ok, so she doesn't actually say blah blah blah, but it's basically a load of crap about how important dinner time is.

I Sprint downstairs after changing from my running clothes. My parents hate it when I wear my running clothes to dinner. They think should I should be in like a skirt and stuff. I say no. I step into the dinning room, bracing my self for the telling off I'm about to receive.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YOUNG LADY?!?!?!?! YOU ARE TEN MINUTES LATE AND SHOWING NO RESPECT FOR YOUR ELDERS. IF YOU DID YOU WOULDN'T BE LATE. YOU WOULD BE HERE ON TIME AND DRESSED NICELY INSTEAD OF THOSE HORRIBLE CLOTHES. YOU WOULD BE IN A NICE DRESS AND NOT IN THOSE AWFUL JEANS, SNEAKERS, AND ALL THAT BLACK. I'M VERY DISSAPPOINTED IN YOU SCARLET THALIA EVERDEEN." My mom yells.

Geez, it's not like I'm wearing my tight black jeans, black concert t shirt, leather jacket, and my combat boots. I'm in light blue jeans, nice black v neck shirt, and black converse high tops, with my hair shoved in a bun. I had already had my long black hair in a messy braid so I had just coiled the braid in a bun and banded it up and put hair clips on the stray pieces.

I just sit down at the table and say "Mom, Dad, I'm sorry I was late. I had a lot of homework, and had to start on a project with a kid in my class for school, and I went on a run AFTER my school work was done."

My dad just nods, and mom starts to say "Well, going on a run is no excuse for being late. You are showing disrespect by--" but then Dad broke in saying "Relax, Molly."

I smile at dad gratefully, and I just silently eat dinner, which is pot roast, mashed potatoes, and carrots. When I finish, I go to my room and take a shower. The hot water feels so good.

After I get out and put on my pjs-sweat pants with a tank, I grab my phone and send a text to my best friend, Emma.

Hey girl! How was ur day?
-S-

About ten minutes later, my phone beeps, letting know I have a text.

I open it, and see its Emma.

Hey! It was ok, hbu?
°E°

I have and English project....and we have partners. Guess who it is?
~S~

I quickly type back

OMG OMG OMG WHO IS IT???? If it's a boy, is he hot? ;) ;) ;)
°E°

It's Harry Styles and you can decide if he's hot or not yourself :P
~S~

Oooooo the bad boy. And yes, he's very hot.
°E°

He's a jerk, and he always calls me babe. Ugh. I might end up murdering him before the projects over.
~S~

Hehe I bet he likes you. I bet he's more fun than Noah. ;)
°E°

Really? No, he doesn't. Why would he? And, FYI, he's not. He's a heartless jerk.
~S~

Umm, really? First, you're gorgeous. Second, he might change for you. Three, face it. Noah is BORING.
°E°

No, Noah is not boring. And like he'd change for me? Maybe when hell freezes over. BTW, good night. I'm falling asleep.
~S~

Subject changer!! You have a crush on him. And he might. And Noah is BORING, you just won't admit it. Night, c u tomorrow.
°E°

I put my phone on the charger, turn off my light, and go to sleep.

A/N
I realise this was short, but I thought it would make more sense to end it here than go into another day. I'm just surprised that I updated twice in one day. I ONLY OWN THE STORY, PLOT, AND CHARACTERS ASIDE FROM THE ONE DIRECTION BOYS. I just wanted to put that out there.
Thanks for reading!!
~Scarlet~