It Happened One Night.

Over breakfast the next morning Bulma showed Vegeta her schematics for the new droids.

    "See, they look the same as the ones you've been using," she explained, "but where those stay at one level, these will increase their level of intensity according to your level of training."

    "Progressive scaling.  Impressive."

    "Thank you," she said, moderately surprised.  "I am as smart as I am beautiful, you know."

   "When can they be ready?"

    It'll take a few days," she replied apprehensively.  "I have to show these to my father, and see if we can find a more durable material.  You break these things way too easily."

    "Hmph," smirked the Saiyan.  "Very well, see to it."

    He began to leave the room without another word.  Bulma looked at him in disbelief and anger.

    "Hey, a thank you would be nice!" she flared.

    He stopped in the doorway, and half-turned to face her.  He gave her a look that stopped whatever else she might have considered saying.

    "Oh, I'll thank you, if you're lucky," he told her, giving her a grin that gave a double meaning to his words.  The blue-haired woman blushed, deep red coloring rising to her face.  Vegeta chuckled softly to himself, and left to begin his daily training session once again.

    Bulma sat at the table, stunned by his words.  When Yamcha had said things like that to her, it had excited her, but never to this extent.  Her mind began to wander as she imagined all the implications of her words.

    "Well, someone must be thinking of me," said a smug voice, breaking her reverie.  Bulma frowned as Yamcha came to sit at the table with her.  "Remembering good times?"

    "Please, as if you could make me feel anything other than disgust."

    "Bulma, I don't want to fight," he sighed.  "I actually came to apologize for how I've been acting."

    "Huh?"  Bulma blinked in surprise.

    "Yeah, uh, I, uh, well, I've been acting like an ass," Yamcha said.

    "I heard you tried using Vegeta's pod at 300 times gravity," Bulma stated.  "In fact, he had a message for you-leave training like that to real men!"

    Yamcha gritted his teeth as Bulma smiled smugly at him.  She would let him do his apologizing, but only after she had made him suffer.

    "Hey, I didn't come here to talk about Vegeta!  I really do want to say how sorry I am."

    "You're right," Bulma said softly.  "I just want to hurt you so you feel as bad as I do.  This hasn't been easy for me."

    "This hasn't been easy for me either," he told her.  "I know I hurt you, and that I shouldn't expect you to forgive me for what I've done, but we were friends before we ever dated.  I miss your friendship."

    "You did hurt me," she admitted, "but you're right, we were friends.  I've been letting my pain keep me from remembering that.  I tried to keep it light, before Vegeta came back, but then I found out about her."

    "Yeah, I fucked up, big time.  Can we just move past that and go back to being friends?"

    "I don't know," she hesitantly replied.  "I think we might be able to be friends again, eventually, but I can't just get there right away.  Give me time, okay?"