What We Do for Others

"Mother, I don't want to discuss this with you!"

    "Honey, just let me know if he was any good!  I need to know!"

    Bulma was feeling cornered and very frustrated.  She had been able to keep the secret of her midnight trysts with Vegeta for almost a month, but her father had caught the Saiyan sneaking out of her room earlier in the morning.  That event had led to this situation, her being peppered with questions from her mother.

    "Mom, I really don't understand why you need to know that."

    "I just want to make sure your needs are being met."

    "Gross, Mom."

    "So, it's bad?" Mrs. Briefs asked sadly.

    "No!  It's not bad!"

    "So, it's good?"

    "Better than good, it's amazing," Bulma snapped, instantly regretting her words.  She cringed, waiting for her mother's reaction.

   "Oh honey, that's wonderful!" Mrs. Briefs rejoiced.  "Now, give me some dish on what he's like, and how big he is.  I need some new fantasy material to use for your father!"

   "MOTHER!  NO!" Bulma shouted in horror.  "I am not talking about this anymore, especially with you!"

    Bulma rushed out of the living room-

and collided with Vegeta.

    "Watch it, woman," he snarled.  He had just spent all morning trying to train, but instead, had been constantly interrupted by Dr. Briefs on the monitor.  Even when an attempt to block the man had been made, the pesky Earthling had just bypassed the lock and got back on, continuing his verbal assault.

    "Sorry," she mumbled, stepping back in embarrassment.  She moved around him, and hurried down the hall, desperate to escape to her room, unaware she was being followed by the Saiyan warrior.  While she was busy thinking about how she knew this was how her mother would react, he was fuming over her father and his constant badgering.  The distractions from the blue-haired one he could handle, she still left him alone, but if her father kept up with his behavior, Super Saiyan might forever be out of reach.

    Bulma had barely entered her room, when the door burst open behind her, and Vegeta stormed in, slamming the door shut.  She threw him a withering glare.

    "Spare me your looks, woman," he growled.  "I don't need anymore attitude from anyone in your clan."

    "Oh, well, EXCUSE ME, your Highness!" she snapped.  "I"m SO SORRY that YOU are the only one being bothered by this!''

    "Well, you're the one that created this mess," he returned.

    "Me!?  This is all your fault!"

    "How is this MY fault?  It's your parents!"

    "Because you're the one who fell asleep last night, and as a result, got caught leaving my room this morning!"

    "Wrong!  You're the one who wanted to go three times, causing me to be too tired to move!  Your fault!"

    Bulma's jaw dropped in disbelief.  He was really trying to make this whole thing seem like he had no blame.

    "I told you this would happen if they found out!" she shrieked.  Vegeta winced; he hated it when she let her voice hit that pitch, especially in an enclosed space, and his hearing was very sensitive.  That was definitely a sense he wished to keep, especially since it seemed as if he was losing common sense.  Deep down, he could admit she wasn't solely to blame, but he'd rather die than tell her that.