Tauch

My kinda are known as Taucs. You can say we're the peasants of our world.
     Now that you know what we are let's resume.

        I noticed other Taucs trapped in cages. Most were not yet mature. Very young Taucs. Screaming and crying for help, other were sitting there complaining for they knew their fate was sealed. All I could think of was "oh crap."  I knew what was gonna happen, there is no escaping Böse.
"Hey."
I heard a voice call me.
"Sucks doesn't it..this is the same way my cousin Fred went. Names Mort."

"Leban " I replied. Mort had a scar running from his shoulder to his middle finger.
"Guess your wondering about that huh?" He said to me as he noticed I was staring at it.
"Well guess there no point of hiding it now, were all about to go anyway. A few years ago I had a run in with Böse."

I didn't believe him.

"No one..NO ONE survives a Böse attack."

"Your right. I wasn't attacked. It was my mother. She pushed me down a cliff where I claimed this scar, as I was falling I could hear her screaming."

"I thought you said that's how your cousin died?"

"We're Taucs...it's how we all die, it's pretty much set in stone."

"That's not how I wanna go. I've always been so good at hiding, but I'm sick of it now!"

"Hey buddy, little advice if you keep yelling like that were both gonna suffer the second he hears us!"he said, Mort started to get a little irritated with me.
Then we heard a low rumbling. It was coming back.
"Get down!"

"Why were in cages?"

"Well if your standing right up your pretty much askin to go!"

I decided to take his advice. I've never even seen one before, and he had somehow escaped it.
And then I saw it.