The Grass isn't Always Greener on the Other Side

I opened the door and saw trees. We made it. Now remember we are from the dark side, so our world doesn't look exactly like the one you people know. Our is much darker with a a dark sun, and blood red moon. It was night when we made it out.

"Yesss!!!! We did It!" Yelled Slim.

"Oh my gosh it worked!" Screeched Mort.

It was so hard to believe that we had finally made it out alive. I looked over at Samat, who seemed alert and on edge.

"Hey buddy" I started "you don't have to worry anymore, we're out. It's all going to be okay now."

He wouldn't budge.

Slim then walked over. "Hey don't worry about him. He's been through a lot, he's was like that."

"I know but...shouldn't he be happy we're out?"

Then Mort cut in
"Who gives a ratte's ass about the kid, we're free!"

He then got into an argument with Slim and they were going back and forth until I couldn't take it.

"Will both of you SHUT UP! I'm sick of hearing both of you argue and bicker! Your going to get along, and both of you aren't doing anything about it!"

Just then I saw a green light from the corner of my eye. It was coming from Samat's pocket. It was the stone.

"I...I thought that only lights up when there's a Böse around..." said Mort.

And just in that instant the rock grew as bright as it could get, and then that deep undertaker voice came in...

"It does."