Chapter 30

Meanwhile back at the pack house...

"What do you think I should wear?" Skyler says standing in front of the mirror with a simple white dress in one hand and a yellow sundress in the other. "I think the sundress." Hailey says standing in the bathroom door with her toothbrush in her mouth.

I put the pillow over me head and groan. It's 11am and I've been trying to get some sleep but my dear, dear sisters won't let me. "What do you think, Emily?" Skyler says, I put the pillow next to me and sit up on the bed. "Neither. Why can't you just go in some shorts?" I ask with a little bit of annoyance in my voice.

"Because you can't go on a first date with shorts, duh." Skyler says rolling her eyes. I stand up and stretch my arms and my back and make my way to the bathroom. I'm definitely not getting my sleep back.

"Who are you going out with?" I ask putting some toothpaste on my toothbrush and start brushing my teeth. I hear a bit of ruckus going on in the closet and I open the tap water to clean my toothbrush and my mouth.

I take a little bit of mouthwash. "Tyler." Skyler says and I spit out the mouthwash all over the mirror. I take a clean towel and wipe my mouth and I clean the mirror. "Tyler?" I ask leaning against the bathroom door. "Tyler Emillette?" I ask. I look at Hailey and she looks at me.

"Yeah." She says slowly putting the white dress on the bed and going over the closet to put the sundress there. She walks over to us and looks at me and Hailey. "Is there a problem with that?" She asks a bit annoyed. Hailey's the only one who knows how I feel about Tyler, I've never told Skyler because, well, she tends to make things a big deal.

If I were to told her that I have a crush on Tyler she would go in over her head trying to get us together and the last thing I need is for her to embarrass me. "No." I say, shaking my head. "I just thought you said that you were gonna focus on finding your mate." I say, I cross my fingers behind my back hoping that she buys it.

"Well, yeah, but after Tyler asked me out I figured that one little date wouldn't hurt." She said going to the night stand next to her bed and taking out her makeup. She sits down in front of the mirror and starts doing her makeup. Our room isn't exactly big but it's enough for the 3 of us. There's 3 twin beds, obviously one for each of us, and one bathroom.

You might think that it's a living hell with one bathroom only but we make it work. Skyler wakes up really early so she gets the bathroom first. She like to take her time so it would make sense that she gets it first. Hailey and I usually wake up at the same time but I let her have the bathroom 'cause she usually finishes quickly.

I go to the closet and pick out some black jeans that are ripped at the knees, a dark blue tank top with the words 'I Don't Care' in bold. I go to the bathroom and change. I brush my straight brown hair and walk out of the bathroom and sit down at the edge of the bed.

"So since when do you like Tyler?" I ask trying to sound as normal as possible. She turns around with a small brush on her hand and looks at me with a confused face. "Since when do you care?" She asks a bit roughly. "Oh boy." Hailey says and lays down on her bed.

"No offense, Emily. But don't you have better stuff to do?" She says turning back around and starts applying eye shadow. "I'm just trying to make conversation with you." I say looking at her through the mirror. Skyler's been known to do this from time to time. Hailey and I are convinced that she's bipolar but Skyler tells us otherwise.

"You can talk to me some other time not when I'm getting ready for my date. Now, stop distracting me and go do your weird stuff." She says and I scoff. "Wow. Nice talk, sis." I say with sarcasm and put on my black high top converse and walk out the door.

I know I've always been weird but it hurts when your sister points it out almost every time to get you out of the room. I sigh and walk down the hallway. I notice Tyler walking out of a room and my eyes widen. I turn around and walk the other way hoping he won't see me.

"Emily!" Tyler calls out after me. Damn it. I stop in my tracks and turn around to see him jogging over my way. My heart picks up its pace as he stops in front of me. Tyler's a lot taller than me and I love the way he keeps his hair messy. "Hey." He says. "Hi." I say, god I'm so nervous my hands are sweaty. "What's up?" I say putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I haven't seen you since the full moon." He says putting his hands inside his pockets. He gives me a small smile and I smile back at him.

Oh my god, oh my god! He's asking about me!

"I've been busy with school." I say, wait what? He chuckles and smiles at me again. "School ended two weeks ago." I feel the embarrassment rushing to my cheeks and I mentally face palm myself.

"Right, I-I forgot." I say stammering. He looks at me with soft eyes and I look back at him. But of course, all good things must come to end. "Tyler!" I hear my sister say from the end of the hall.

His gaze moves to my sister and I look behind me to see Skyler waving her hand to Tyler. I look back at him and he waves back with a small smile. My heart drops as I remember that Skyler's going on a date with him.

Skyler catches up to us and goes to his side and intertwined his fingers with his. "Ready to go?" Tyler says and Skyler nods her head. She looks at me and raises her eyebrow. "She didn't scare you, did she?" She asks Tyler while looking at me the whole time. I look down at the ground and tears spring my eyes.

She always finds away to make sure to bring me down. To make people know that she's more important than me. "Emily? Emily's way too cool to scare me off." I hear Tyler say.  My head snaps up to meet his gaze and although my vision is a bit blurry I can see him smiling down at me. I smile back at him and my butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"See you later, Emily." He says and walks away with Emily. "Bye." I say and I start walking down the hall again.