Alright

WARNING I was feeling hella woke and black while writing this so if you don't feel comfortable with political/racial issues, you might wanna sit this one out.

Niyah POV

We gathered around the television as the reporter delivered news of another death. Little did we know, this  one hit closer to home.

"Another African-American male was shot today by police," Upon hearing this, I held my son closer to my chest. My best friend Kiarah stared intently at the television as they gave details on the man. I closed my eyes and rocked the infant back and forth in my arms.

"Kareem Nixon was shot to death by an officer who claimed the father of two was armed."

I shook my head and sat back. "Another one of us gone. He graduated with me," I mumbled as I bounced the baby on my chest. Kiarah shook her head as my mom walked into the living room.

"You girls better get going I'd your going to make it to the rally in time," she called as she took Amir from me. I nodded and laced up my boots as Kiarah went out to the car.

"This shit has to stop Ni. We are both mothers of black boys, and we can't guarantee their safety." She said as we drove to the church. "You're right, that's why we have to keep fighting this. I don't want to have either of our babies' faces on a tee-shirt talking about how he got shot up." I mutter as we arrived.

I got out of the car to find officers trying to stop protesters from marching. "You'll protect the KKK when they are marching for the right to kill us, but we can't march for the right to live!" I heard my friend Randy shout.

Kiarah and I joined them as the police kept pushing us father back. "We mean no harm yet y'all feel obligated to kill me and my sons!" Another yelled out causing the rest of us to agree.

"You protect the white man because he has you in his wallet,"

That was the last straw for officers. Being that Kiarah and I were at the back of the crowd, we only heard the cry of those who were sprayed with tear gas. I stood in shock as Randy and Kiarah grabbed me and pulled me to the car.

"We need to go," she said as she started the car. I sat in silence the entire ride. How could people be so heartless? We only want to live, to survive. Is that too much to ask for? Does the color of our skin really determine our rights or lifespan?

As we pulled into mama's driveway, she ran outside. "I heard what happened, are you OK? Did they hurt any of y'all?" She questioned as I walked to the front door. I ignored her questions, leaving Randy and Kiarah to answer.

I walk into the living room to find Amir and Jelani fast asleep on the couch. I crouch in front of them and study their faces.

"I can't promise you safety," I began, my voice laced with pain and sorrow. "But I can promise that both of you will do amazing things. You will get us out of this," I whispered before kissing both infants and sitting in the floor.

A/N
I know this one really didn't fit with the song but this is the vibe the sing kinda gives off the me. Anyway don't forget the request songs or artists... I've gotta Kris Wu!

Peace ✌

Love 💜

Hair Grease 💇