Why We Write!

Are you ready for this? I'm ready I just want to make sure you are ready! 🤗

Okay! Before we jump straight into the logistics of writing I want to ask you a very important question

Why?

😂 Hahah no, that's not me joking around, it's my question.

Why? Why do you write?

(Go ahead and comment and tell me, I want to honestly know 😊)

Because beyond words, pages, characters, scenes and dialogue there is something that matters more. That's heart ❤️. (Yes, I know this sounds kind of cheesy, just give me a second to talk. *Waits* Thank you) Where your heart is at when you're writing matters.

Because what you do effects everything. So if you write because you want to get your book on the Hot List in the top ten or you want to get a million views, then I'm going to be honest with you for a second.

Stop writing.😳 (Yes, I see your dumbfounded face)

I'm being completely serious with you. (I know that is hard to grasp with my personality but it's true) That kind of motivation won't keep you going. A goal like that won't help you push ahead when you are running out of ideas 🤔, feeling tired of hitting writer's block 😫 and frustrated with life in general 😠.

There is one thing about writers that I know for a fact. Writers write. They don't talk about it, they do it. It's what they feel they need to do or their life won't mean much of anything. So why do you write? Find that reason and hold on to it!

I realized a long time ago that if I write simply for my sister than I would be happy ☺️. Because it didn't matter who I was writing for it just mattered that I was writing. You need to find what drives you!

 You need to find what drives you!

It's true. All writers have that natural instinct within them that tells them, every minute of every day, awake or asleep, write, never stop writing, always write. We know it's the reason we're alive. We know it's what we're suppose to be doing with our time. And we also know what it feels like when we aren't, when we really should be.

Joy got me into writing. (Yo welcome 😉)Being the younger sister, I of course felt left out and wanted to join in. But when I finally did, when I dove head first and wrote the worst "novel" I have ever read in my entire life, I found something.

(I quote the word novel, because rereading it, I realized it doesn't constitute as a normal story one would find at a Barnes & Noble. Nor should it ever get the chance to see the light of day or even the fluorescent lights of a book store. But hey! I wrote my first novel! I was officially on my way.)

(Yeah, I have two of those books myself 😂)

I found an outlet for the mass of creativity energy I had felt stirring within me my entire life. I found a way to express myself. And I finally found what I wanted to be when I grew up.

So I started writing just because I didn't want my older sisters to have all the fun. Not the best intentions to sit down and write a full-fledged novel. But it quickly became so much more than that. Now, I write because I know I have to. I write because I know there are stories in my head only I can tell. There are characters that need a voice that only I can write, characters I hope would one day help the next person, like so many of my favorite works have helped me. 😊

And I hope this book helps you.

Now! With all that said I will say just one thing more. It's great to have goals. So if you want to hit a million views great! Goals are what help us keep striving! What is behind a goal is action. So! the key to being a writer is to keep writing. You can't get on the Hot List if there is nothing on the page. So find that reason you want to write and keep it in your mind as you put one word in front of the other!

 So find that reason you want to write and keep it in your mind as you put one word in front of the other!